Eulo Closed ?

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 15:22
ThreadID: 54721 Views:2596 Replies:6 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
in the "Road Conditions" page on THIS site it still has Eulo to cunnamulla CLOSED.
Has anyone travelled this area recently as i suspect the Road Conditions site to be outdated and therefore of little value to travellers...Cheers.. Rod
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 16:51

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 16:51
Havn't been through there lately, but suspect the flood from Longreach area has finally arrived.

Just tried to check the Paroo (Eulo) and Warrego (Cunamulla) flood information on the BOM website and not available. Was reporting minor flooding yesterday afternoon.

Suspect this is where David gets his info.

Why not give tourist information in Cunamulla a ring to check?
AnswerID: 288312

Follow Up By: rredbeak - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 16:57

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 16:57
yes i will get in touch with them,Ty for your input..Cheers.. Rod
FollowupID: 553617

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 18:13

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 18:13
For Qld road conditions the best site I have found is This Site
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 288322

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 19:44

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 19:44
Bit steep to jump and say the content is useless for travellers - thanks for the vote of support, I have asked our road conditions coordinator to check this information for you. We are currently rewritting these reports and rebuilding the maintenance system however I believe we are basically up to date. Will advise when our coordinator come online.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 288343

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 20:21

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 20:21
Hi All
Yes this Road is now open although it has been cllosed for a while due to flooding of the Paroo River. I was surprised it was closed for as long as it was.
I have to apologise if anything is slightly out of date this last 10 days or so as I normally update the whole of Australia at least once a week and Queensland at least twice to 3 times a week more often when conditions are so changeable.
However I have been having some technical problems which David is addressing. Consequently there may be some discrepancies at the moment - please be patient we should have it all updated again by the end of the week.
We welcome any updates from reliable sources as we do cover the whole of Australia which as you can appreciate is a mammoth task.
Regards
Kerry W
Road Conditions Coordinator
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 288350

Follow Up By: Member - Davidp P (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 20:41

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 20:41
can anyone say if Licola in the Vic HC is full op?
FollowupID: 553667

Follow Up By: Member - Vince B (NSW) - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 21:13

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 21:13
David & Kerry.
Keep up the good work. I certainly appreciate your time & effort.
Regards.
Vince
FollowupID: 553676

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Kerry W (QLD) - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 21:25

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 21:25
Thanks Vince,
David P - Jamieson Licola Rd will be open but cant get much info at the moment on the smaller tracks. Tracks are opening all the time as they are cleared of fallen trees, we get updates when available from Walhalla Police and site users.

In support of David's comments re the value of these reports to the traveller. It may not appear obvious at 1st glance but our Road Conditions Reports are the most highly advanced of their kind in Australia and possibly in the world. David has designed a truly Interactive Live Reporting System which eliminates the need for reporting back to the police, shire councils or motoring organizations in the City to update. The info on Exploroz can even be updated live in the field with a laptop and satellite internet connection. Providing not only instant reporting of difficulties but also detailed mapping of the affected roads whether they be a remote outback track or a major highway. The maps of the tracks and roads instantly reflect their status by changing colour eg red is closed green is open etc.. etc.
All site users are free to add their live feedback to the reports if they have travelled the road recently.
Due to the size of Australia its an amazing feat to provide the info we do for free with the manpower we have.
It is taking us a while to train everybody to utilise them to their full capacity especially Federal and State and Local Authorities but we are making progress, so have a closer look before underestimating such a powerful tool for the outback traveller.
(and if you are a National Park ranger or a shire engineer or have an interest in certain local roads in Outback Australia - let us know and we can enable you to keep your locality updated,)

regards

Kerry W
Road Conditions Coordinator
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 553681

Follow Up By: jeepthing - Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 21:29

Tuesday, Feb 19, 2008 at 21:29
Whilst the road may be open I would give the Paroo Shire Council at Cunnamulla or the publican at Eulo pub a call to find out the actual condition of the road. I went down it last year via Hungerford to Wilcannia and it was pretty rough for the last 40 odd k's particularly before Currawinya then to Hungerford the Paroo does flood fairly wide across some of this section and could be a bit rougher now if the council haven't been able to grade it.
FollowupID: 553683

Reply By: rredbeak - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 12:29

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 12:29
Ty to the exlore oz team for updating their database...cheers... Rod
AnswerID: 288434

Reply By: Holden4th - Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 20:12

Wednesday, Feb 20, 2008 at 20:12
As I'm travelling out there in April (and staying at the Eulo Queen Hotel) I rang the publican nearly two weeks ago and he said that the road hasd been open for four days so the at this point in time the road has been open for over 2 weeks.
AnswerID: 288503

Sponsored Links