camping fee,s

Submitted: Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 09:50
ThreadID: 5478 Views:1873 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
can any one tell me if you can buy a parks permit for qld or do you have to buy them all seperately.im currently travelling oz and i am personally shocked at some of the camping fees[cheeper most of the time to stay in caravan parks]ive grown up on the south coast nsw and never had to pay .i think its a shame because a lot of aussie familys will find it to expensive to go camping .
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - GOPE (SA) - Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:10

Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:10
Hi David,
Have a look under Trip Planning, Permits on this site. May be of help.
CheersOnly a few more sleeps.
AnswerID: 22638

Follow Up By: Member - NOBBY - Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 15:36

Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 15:36
David.. From my experience in Nat. Parks up here is that they cost about $3.50 per person per night, and they have to be purchased at the local Council. I am unaware that you can buy an overall permit for all parks.
FollowupID: 14956

Reply By: Michael - Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 15:41

Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 15:41
Hi agree David,

If you stay in a NSW national park you are also up for the day fees as well, it obviously makes sense to get a yearly pass. But it still can cost you $200 to stay in a national park for a week if you have a couple of kids, I stupidly thought that what our taxes were for, but no, the user pays twice. Its the user pay mentallity gone mad. Regards Michael.
AnswerID: 22662

Reply By: diamond (bendigo) - Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 18:12

Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 18:12
gday david.
when we were up inskip point(qld) last year we couldnt get over the price per night about $20 to camp on sand.
when friends of ours from qld come down to vic at easter and camped they couldnt believe the cheap price of camping $20 per week.looking foward to september(landcruiser park/fraser island)
AnswerID: 22679

Follow Up By: relaxed (Fraser Coast-QLD) - Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 23:04

Monday, Jun 16, 2003 at 23:04
They don't miss you up here. You know there's are hidden cost for these camping permits, you don't get all these fine one day and perfect the next for nothing you know.
Relaxed
FollowupID: 14998

Reply By: chopper - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:31

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 07:31
You'll pay $4pp/pn or $16 for a family.

You do NOT purchase NP permits from councils, they are obtained from self registration huts or from Parks offices.

There are no yearly permits available and now that state forests are under the control of EPA and NP, there are no free camping areas like there used to be.

Hope this answers the query.

There is a store in Brisbane City called "Naturally Queensland" it is my understanding that they can hook you up with permits ahead of time should you desire.

I find that the self registration huts are fine so long as you don't want to go somewhere popular on a popular weekend.

BTW it is an offence to be on Fraser without your permits (vehicle), you must buy them before hitting the island, you may well be slugged far more than the cost of te permit if you are caught, and you have no insurance!!.
AnswerID: 22748

Sponsored Links