Halifax caravan park..Port Stevens

Submitted: Friday, Feb 22, 2008 at 21:22
ThreadID: 54830 Views:2923 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, doing a trip to Port Stevens later on in the year, planning on staying at Halifax caravan park. Has anybody stayed there, and if they have what was it like? Thanks..
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bloosted - Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 08:31

Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 08:31
http://home.vicnet.net.au/~badger04/parks_n0.htm
AnswerID: 288938

Reply By: Gronk - Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 09:39

Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 09:39
Halifax is very nice, good facilities.......or you could stay in another one ( owned by the same group ) at Fingal Bay !!!! I would rate Fingal slightly ahead because of the nicer beach !!!
You won't be dissappointed with either !!
AnswerID: 288947

Follow Up By: Member - Fred G (NSW) - Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 11:39

Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 11:39
I agree with Gronk...Halifax is nice, close to great RSL club, close to Nelson Bay, and right next to the busiest and best boat launching ramp in Port Stephens, with excellent cleaning tables, but Finagl is better suited for families, patrolled beach, just a bit further out from Nelson Bay.
You may need to note that all the caravan parks up there have many permanents on site, and with many upcoming fishing tournaments from now until easter, they could all be a bit busy...so pay to book early.
Cheers from Fred.

FollowupID: 554285

Reply By: Isuzumu - Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:01

Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 12:01
You may be interested in how it got named Halifax Park.
Captian Geoffery Neville Wikner, Geoff purchased an old Halifax bomber in England to fly his family back to Australia after the WW11.....this was the first civilian aircraft to fly to Australia at that time. He established the first caravan park in Aus and named it Halifax Park, and he operated it for twenty years.
His son Ken, now passed away, was a very good friend of ours, he helped me build my last yacht and was one of the main people involved in the restoration of the "William the Fourth", which plied the Hunter River
Ken published a biography of his father called "Flight of the Halifax"

Cheers Bruce
AnswerID: 288969

Sponsored Links