Best Month for Anne Beadell Alice Springs trip.

Submitted: Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 21:43
ThreadID: 54860 Views:2060 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Have two choices for our planned trip to Alice this year via or return home to Bunbury on the Anne Beadell highway.We will go the Central road either on the way over or on the way home.Choices are late june early july or late september early october.Last year we went in early june and it was very cold and was wondering if it would not be to hot late september.Has anyone been at the time?.Thanks to all that repy.

Cheers Graeme.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RalfR - Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 22:11

Saturday, Feb 23, 2008 at 22:11
It sound like you may be travelling during school holoiday term breaks, I took the family to Uluru, Coober Pedy and Alice last October (early october) and to be honest, it didn't go very well due to the heat. We travelled with another family, with 5 kids under 11 years of age in total. Due to the heat we missed seeing the painted desert, had a brief look at Kings canyon (didn't walk around). We stayes ar Uluru for 5 nights, with near 40 degree temps the whole time. We wanted to walk around the rock, however by the time the kids are organised, the heat was climbing rapidly.

I was still a great holiday (a bad holiday is still better than a good day at work!) but two weeks of 35-40 degrees doesn't make for happy camping. We are now planning a WINTER trip of the same route.

I hope this helps. Cheers.
AnswerID: 289038

Reply By: Whitepony - Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 at 01:32

Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 at 01:32
Carn't really say the best time but have seen part of the Anne Beadell in the last week. Doesn't look like a fast trip and you dont wont a fear of scratches.
AnswerID: 289050

Reply By: Member - Dennis P (Int) - Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 at 03:46

Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 at 03:46
The country out there starts to really warm up from the end of August, Graeme.
Much more comfortable in the cooler months, can never get too cold for me, lol.
AnswerID: 289053

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 at 09:54

Sunday, Feb 24, 2008 at 09:54
Weather wise, June/July is better, but if you want to see wildflowers, October is the month.Wildflowers are variable depending on what rain has occurred. The following photo was from Oct 2004 - weather was great and wildflowers were out; we travelled through there Oct 2005 and had 45degree heat and no flowers.
Image Could Not Be Found
AnswerID: 289072

Sponsored Links