Double Action Fridge Slide

Submitted: Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 15:00
ThreadID: 54919 Views:4088 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone else on the forum ordered the double action (slide & drop) fridge slide from Platinum Gear. I ordered mine at the Perth 4WD show last year and each time I ring about it I get a different story as to why it has not arrived. Latest ETA is end of March.

Am trying to be patient as this is the only product of it's kind and would be ideal for our truck.

Interested to hear if others are also having problems?

Platinum Gear
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Glenn WA - Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 16:54

Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 16:54
I wrote to their e-mail adress early january to enquire about a delivery time and are yet to get a reply. Probably glad I didn't order one staight away.
Let us know if you finally get it, some time in the futre.
Glenn
AnswerID: 289319

Reply By: Sludgie - Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 20:22

Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 20:22
Gidday Eagle patrol,
I also ordered and paid for mine at the Perth show and have been given the same approximate date as you.
Four week delivery and then the wrong struts were sent.Then a 2 week delay and now a 5 week delay because the runners were not up to their standards.(apparently) Great quality control to start a new product, a 4wd store in W.A has a heap on order and has the same problem.

Sludgie
AnswerID: 289360

Reply By: Member - John - Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 23:10

Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 23:10
G'day, nothing to do with your problem, but I just had a look at the web site, amazing video of the fridge slide.............. NOT, Why bother??????
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 289397

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 09:52

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 09:52
Totally agree!!!!

I rang and asked them when the video was going to be added to their website a couple of months ago. True to his word, it was up on there about a week later, but it's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike as far as showing us anything like clearances etc.

Oh well, I'll just have to wait until they get 'em-selves sorted out and until I see one in the flesh before I decide whether to get one or not.
FollowupID: 554741

Reply By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 23:58

Monday, Feb 25, 2008 at 23:58
I was looking at one of these as well and spoke with the owner a many weeks back now and I made comment on this site about the product. I have not orderd mine as the slide suitable for mine I was told would not be here till mid march ish.

I'm still interested in getting one but will go to to the workshop as its about 30 mins from me to check them out. May even see what happening from there side of life so to speck.

They seem like a great idea even if just to make it easier for the wife to access the beer for me lol.

Brian
AnswerID: 289407

Reply By: EaglePatrol - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 16:08

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 16:08
Thanks All, I'll wait patiently for now and let you know how it all works out.
AnswerID: 289480

Sponsored Links