Electric/Computer probs with my Frontera

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 17:19
ThreadID: 54954 Views:4325 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hey Guys, I have a 2002 Holden Frontera that has been fantastic, up until now. In the last 2-3 months it has been coming up with the check engine and reduced power lights, and the car loses all power and wont go. It still turns over however. I normally turn the car off, and it will start again straight away. I took it to a 4wd park the other day and it happened again, however this time it deicded not work and I had it towed 350km back home. The mechanics can find codes logges suggesting the pedal sensor out of range and electrical throttle control override, but say they still cant find the exact problem. And now of course the car is working again....this is the 4th time its happend though and its very annoying. If you floor the accelerator it hits about 1500rpm....anyone seen or heard of this prob before???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Vince NSW - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 17:29

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 17:29
Danni
Had the same thing happen to my 2000 model. We were in the Snowy Mts and limped into Tumut.
Local Holden dealer put it on the computer which said there was nothing wrong. Service guy played for a few mind and discovered a small part of a leaf in the air box that was flapping infront of one of the sensors. Removed it & no problem since.
It could be somthing as simple as that or it may not.

PS sold the car to daughter in Perth and it spends its time in WA
Hope this helps

Vince
AnswerID: 289501

Follow Up By: Member - Davidp P (VIC) - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 20:05

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 20:05
is the muffler ok.. not rattleing if it is a baffle may occassionally bounce up and block the outlet which would realy confuse the ecu as throttle position and airflow would not correlate I would think
FollowupID: 554832

Reply By: Danni_Segelow - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 19:56

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 19:56
Thanks Vince, it all helps...the mechanic never got back to me today either :(
AnswerID: 289523

Sponsored Links