Yarramunmun Top Fire Trail

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 22:58
ThreadID: 54966 Views:4022 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just to let anyone know who might be planning to travel this track. Gate locked at Turpentine Road and locked adjacent the narrow rocks leading up from the Danjera Dam adjacent to the track leading to the Dam lookout. No way around except back to Nowra. A couple of months ago we rode the track on bikes and ranger advised of no intentions of locking the gates although you might find them closed but not locked. I can assure you they are locked and no way around in a car. Gate at bottom of hill coming up from cemetery also locked but people have made a track around. Tracks on other side of Turpentine road leading down to Porters Creek Dam is still a good scenic tour. Hope this helps someone. Alby...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: AT4WD ADVENTURES - Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 23:34

Tuesday, Feb 26, 2008 at 23:34
Hey Alby,

The gates have been there for a good few years....IMHO drive round them as we pay so much money to NPWS each year you should be able to use these areas. Anyway its a good track and if you don't want to do the whole track just enter from the Danjera Dam end and drive up to the lookout which is about 1 klms from the gate on your left. Good views. I have driven and riden the track for years and can't see why we all can't keep using it...except for the minority greenies telling us we can't.

I think clubs get keys for the gate from memory.

Cheers

Stuart
AnswerID: 289585

Reply By: Member - Sam (NSW) - Thursday, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:54

Thursday, Feb 28, 2008 at 07:54
I had heard a rumour that management of that track was being handed to another Gov. Dept. and as such, it would be locked.
AnswerID: 289765

Follow Up By: Waynepd (NSW) - Thursday, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:47

Thursday, Feb 28, 2008 at 09:47
Lucky we got that trip in when we did eh Sam
FollowupID: 555116

Sponsored Links