offroader site links to exploroz

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:28
ThreadID: 5497 Views:1354 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
After Truckster was berated last week for providing a link to softroader.com. I fond it interesting that upon entering the trip planning section of softroaders parent site Offorader.com, there is a prominent link, on more than one occasion, back to this site.

link text

Just thought that this was worth sharing!
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: srowlandson - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:36

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 10:36
Please note this article was only published in the last 24 hours, although it has been written for over a month.

We personally see Exploroz as a valueble Asset to the 4wd community, and are glad to see it grow. Trip planning is by no means a core are of our site or company, but we are about to embark on our annual trip, and thought we would share our information on planning the trip, and give credit to the valuable resources we use prior and during the trip.

Steve
AnswerID: 22764

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:34

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 12:34
Chopper,

The link was added as part of the dealing that we have since (post the Truckster posting) had with the business. Additionally Truckster was not berated - I was informing him of our usage policy toward commercal advertising in the forum. I have no problems with softroader or offroader being mentioned or linked to on ExplorOz - I just will not tolerate FREE ADVERTISING IN THE FORUM SYSTEM. Be it right or wrong I saw this link as blatent advertising as it was not related to a product or service that had or was being discussed in the forum.

Posts like this also do nothing for the operation of the business. The issue was addressed in the background and if you had looked you would have noticed that I removed some of the comments in the post that Truckster had originally posted. So between Truckster, offroader and ExplorOz the issue was resolved and handled. Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
AnswerID: 22781

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 16:23

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 16:23
Yup, theres links to everyone from everyone and we are all happy little vegemites.
FollowupID: 15029

Reply By: chopper - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 13:33

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 13:33
so everyone is a happy camper then!

Good!
AnswerID: 22785

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - David - Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 13:38

Tuesday, Jun 17, 2003 at 13:38
I believe so.Regards
ExplorOz Team - David
--------------------------
Always working, not enough travelling ;-)
FollowupID: 15020

Sponsored Links