New Member (at last)

Submitted: Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 21:23
ThreadID: 55057 Views:1858 Replies:7 FollowUps:7
This Thread has been Archived
HI Everyone,

Having been reading and contributing (a little) to the Forum over the past 3 or 4 months I got around to joining.
I have been very impressed with the vast knowledge of members and non members on virtually every topic under the sun. I have gained a wealth of knowledge already.
Even though we have had various 4x4's for more than 10 years they have only been used to tow boat, caravan to beach holiday etc etc. very little off road work (except on beaches) so I am learning so much about real off road trekking.
As we are no longer have to answer to a boss we are free to travel a lot more in the future.
I must also add how professional the forum structure is to read and follow up replies. I also use another forum (different topic altogether) but you have to read it from the bottom up - the most recent reply is on top of the list. I find that a little frustrating as you have to tab down to find out what the original question was. I think the EO structure is great and easy to follow.
Looking forward to getting more involved with all things 4x4 and the great Aussie outdoors ( I promisse not to mention Cooper tuyres, Waeco Vs Engel fridges or Nissan Vs Toyos).
Cheers to all -
Glen & Di
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bware (Tweed Valley) - Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 21:53

Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 21:53
welcome Glen and Di,

I agree with your comments about the forum structure; I love it compared to others I have visited.

"I promise not to mention Cooper tyres, Waeco Vs Engel fridges or Nissan Vs Toyos" Don't hold back, nobody else seems to :-))

regards

Brian
AnswerID: 290123

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:01

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:01
Brian,

Thanks for your welcome. I've been a bit slack in responding but I had internet problems shortly after and just got things working again in past few days,

Cheers,
Glen
FollowupID: 558477

Reply By: Member - Uncle (NSW) - Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 22:02

Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 22:02
Welcome along guys, great spot for info or even a good old chat.
AnswerID: 290129

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:04

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:04
Hi Uncle,

Thanks for your welcome. I’ve been a bit slack in my response as I had internet problems with my new computer shortly after my post which have just been rectified properly in past few days.

Cheers,
Glen

FollowupID: 558478

Reply By: Member - Luke (SA) - Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 22:31

Friday, Feb 29, 2008 at 22:31
Welcome Glen & Di

I also agree with what you say about the forum structure. Easy to follow

Cheers Luke
AnswerID: 290135

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:05

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:05
Hi Luke,

Thanks for your welcome. I’ve been a bit slack in my response as I had internet problems with my new computer shortly after my post which have just been rectified properly in past few days.

Cheers,
Glen

FollowupID: 558479

Reply By: Steve from Top End Explorer Tours - Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 00:08

Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 00:08
Welcome aboard.

Nice trucks, My parents have a 23" Evernew that looks Identical to your, they got there's in June 06.

They say I can have it when there finished, I think it will be out dated by then.LOL

Cheers Steve.
AnswerID: 290152

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:07

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:07
Hi Steve,

Its good to know my caravan looks like your parents one still as mine is a lot older 1993. But I found Evernew a good solid van. I'm very happy with ours.

So i think your parents van will still be pretty good when you ultimately get it lol.

Cheers,
Glen

FollowupID: 558480

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 08:36

Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 08:36
Hey Glen and Di welcome to the fray, its always good to see new members joining. See you on the tracks one day
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 290187

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:07

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:07
HI Bonz,

Cheers,
Glen

FollowupID: 558481

Reply By: Member - Willie , Sydney. - Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 08:52

Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 08:52
Howdy Glen , Howdy Di ,

Welcome to you both . I hope Di ,that you make plenty of posts too . There are not enough women making themselves "heard" on here .

Cheers ,

Willie .
AnswerID: 290193

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:10

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:10
HI Willie,

Yes I will try to get Di involved but it will be a learning curve experience - her current idea of "roughing it" camping is a full size van with air con, hot water, shower, toilet, gas stove, microwave etc etc. So we have yet to experience the real outback bush caming. Only time will tell.

Cheers,
Glen

FollowupID: 558482

Reply By: Trevor R (QLD) - Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:55

Saturday, Mar 01, 2008 at 10:55
Hi Guys,

Good to see a few more QLD members to give the mexicans (they are all mexicans to me...south of our border) heaps.

Love the 6 wheeler, B_I_L has a Briggs 6 wheeler GQ Patrol single cab. Serves him well as he is a concretor and loads it beyond it's eyeballs.

I seem to be not far from you (I am at Virginia) so if you want to catch up one day drop me a MM with some details.

Best regards,
Trevor.
AnswerID: 290214

Follow Up By: Saharaman (aka Geepeem) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:14

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 21:14
Hi trevor,

Yes I would like to catch up one day. We are at Narangba. I will send a MM with more details. Good to know your BIL has a 6 wheeler as well. I have only owned mine a short time and have not got it fully set up yet for off road touring. We have still a lott to learn with off road matters but this forum is a huge help - the knowledge people have is unbelieveable.

Cheers,
Glen

FollowupID: 558483

Sponsored Links