Clean Up Australia Day

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 16:46
ThreadID: 55116 Views:1704 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Did anyone get involved. I've been out with my 4WD club this morning ans was amazed at what we found. We filled a 6 cubic meter skip with general garbage (lots of old hydroponic dope bags) a burnt out car, probably 15 tyres and/or rims a leather 3 piece suite. All this is a fairly localised area alongside a conservation park. The sad thing is it will be the same again next year. Some of the site was 4wd only access which us disappointing, you'd hope the 4Wd community would know better. I guess there's ferals everywhere.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dave from P7OFFROAD Accredited Driver Training - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 17:09

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 17:09
Yes mate, out with the club also.

We pulled out at least a dozen car bodies, a bedford (apparently) bus chassis.

3 ute loads, 3 dual cab ute loads, and 7 trailer loads of general rubbish. Sad thing was that we just took it, literally, across the road to the tip!!! (not the car bodies, they have been moved to where the scrap metal guy can get them)

another good day out!
AnswerID: 290423

Reply By: warfer69 - Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 18:06

Sunday, Mar 02, 2008 at 18:06
*I guess there's ferals everywhere"

Too Right

Had a look around Noojee State Forest yesterday,Its amazing when you drive along and all of a sudden in the middle of nowhere down a bleep ty ol track (4wd access only) you'll see a washing machine and dryer...

Usually you can drop off at local tip as scrap for nothin, but hey at feral will think na let's drop it in a pristine environment...

I looked at a hut ,thinks its called Chinaman's something and someone had a sign what you bring in take out...

When you get there,you'll see bleep loads of cigarette butts,bourbon,coke can's and other plastic wrappings.. etc..

$5000 on the spot fine or vehicle confiscation should do it including right down to the cigarette butts.

There is a Anti Bush activity number in Victoria : 132874
Would not know if its useful or not.

Maybe also drum it in at pre-school level too right through schooling...
AnswerID: 290435

Sponsored Links