Nulon / Wynns engine flush potions

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 08:22
ThreadID: 55191 Views:4959 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I would like to know if anyone out there has experience with these products? Are they safe?
My vehicle is an 80 series with the 4.5 petrol motor. I always change the oil every 3 months and it rarely gets darker than say a strong cup of black tea.
The engine has 280k on the clock and does not use any oil / water.
Is it worth trying or not?

thanks,
Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 08:48

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 08:48
YES......my Diesel Troopy now has 718,000+ , also add the appropiate additives to the Diffs and Gearbox/Transfer, it's rear giff has done same and runs great,

Image Could Not Be Found

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 290864

Reply By: Rut Tearer - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 16:20

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 16:20
I don't believe the flush is necessary with the Petrol engines if you are changing your oil as per normal and at normal intervals. The flush engine treatments are more for Diesel engines IMHO.

AnswerID: 290927

Reply By: Dunaruna - Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 16:34

Wednesday, Mar 05, 2008 at 16:34
NO!

The problem with the products you have listed is that they work.

If you are chasing a specific problem such as a sticking ring or valve or high oil pressure then I suggest you use these products, but if nothing is wrong and you maintain regular oil changes then it's not worth the possible dramas.

You have 280 on the clock and you have never given it a chemical engine flush, flushing it now MAY cause problems.

Regular engine oil/filter change is usually sufficient to keep the engine internals clean. A small build up of sludge and carbon can be easily cleaned with a yearly chem flush but after 280,000km you have more than a small build up, flushing it now could dislodge large amounts of carbon which could be helping keep your rings (and valve stems) nice and tight and blowby free. Not to mention oil galleries....

IMO, Leave well enough alone.
AnswerID: 290929

Sponsored Links