Comming to Australie

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 05:12
ThreadID: 5534 Views:1698 Replies:6 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello everybody,

We are planning a trip to your country with our own 4WD, a Landcruiser HDJ80.
We will be shipping the car over to Brisbane but we need some people who can help us with getting the car of the ship as soon as possible.
Does anyone of you know a adress, e-mail or phone number where we can get that kind of help?

Greetings and hopefully see some of you Down Under.
Miek & Erik Smetsers
The Netherlands
E-mail: de.smets@planet.nl
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:23

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 09:23
The company arranging the shipping should be able to help you with that, telling you when and where the ship should dock (Which port).

Then its really in the hands of the Wharfies as to when the container gets unloaded. Then once unloaded it will be taken to a yard, Customs inspected, and unpacked. Then the car should be available.

Again the company arranging the freight should be able to give you estimates as to when its going to available.
AnswerID: 22965

Reply By: Member - Bob - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 10:50

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 10:50
Miek and Erik,
there is a firm called AutoTrans who could pick the vehicle up from the wharf and deliver it to an address in Brisbane for you. They are unable to store the car (for a period of less than 3 months). To pick up and deliver will cost AUD$103. Their phone number in Brisbane is 61 7 3268 9455. I have used them twice for transporting vehicles and they seem very professional. There may be quarantine requirements/inspections which could add to complexity. Good luck and enjoy your visit.
AnswerID: 22975

Reply By: sean - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 11:16

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 11:16
I imported a car once through Brisbane Docks and a customs agent did the lot. Basically the containter was shipped off the wharf to the agents premises where the vehicles was unloaded, cleared, then forwarded to me.

I cant remember the name of the agent, but your shipping compary should help you. If you dont have a customs agent then the container might get unloaded by the stevedores and that is the option that I would NOT recommend.

Sean
AnswerID: 22978

Reply By: Old Soldier - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:58

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 12:58
Hello Miek & Erik,

I have imported 2 cars into Australia at various times on return from overseas.

I found that having the automobile association do it for you is the best.

Check with your local National Automoblie Association in Holland and ascertain if they have reciprocal club rights with the Royal Automobile Club of Queensland [the R.A.C.Q], and if so, have them arrange for the RACQ to be your agent.

They can assist you with the import, and help smooth out the customs and other arrangements.

I have imported cars into Australia through the Automobile Association of Singapore and also the Royal Automobile club of Hong Kong using this method.

I can recommend the service.

I would presume that your national motoring association will be able to do the same, as all the clubs seem to work together world wide.

I hope you enjoy your visit here

regards

Dennis
AnswerID: 22993

Reply By: Bill - Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 19:41

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 19:41
Hi Meik and Erik,
When you get your Landcruiser off the boat and on the road, drop in for a visit. Bill and Trisha.
AnswerID: 23023

Follow Up By: Member - DOZER- Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 20:01

Thursday, Jun 19, 2003 at 20:01
Hi Meik and Erik
Your hdj80 will fit straight in here in oz.
Drop in and see us aswell in Wollongong NSW, im bias, but the Illawarra region will be a must see of your trip.
Andrewwheredayathinkwer mike?
FollowupID: 15237

Follow Up By: erik - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 04:35

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 04:35
Hi Andrew ,

We love to come and visit you.

Send us your adress and we will see you next year.

Should be fun meeting some cruiserheads at the other end of the world.

Greetings Mieke & Erik
FollowupID: 15270

Follow Up By: Member - DOZER- Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:37

Tuesday, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:37
Eric
My email is limo4b@yahoo.com.au. Give me some mail!
Bill and Trisha might like some aswell, sorry for butting in and stealing the limelight. Where are you in this beautiful counry of ours?
Andrewwheredayathinkwer mike?
FollowupID: 15518

Reply By: herkman - Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:55

Friday, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:55
Welcome! an important point not touched on by others.

Ensure prior to loading the car is clean. All traces of mud soil etc should be removed inside the car.

Externally all traces of mud, soil, plants etc must be removed, otherwise the car will be impounded, and you will incur delays and additional cleaning costs, whil;st customs ensure it is OK.

Hope you enjoy your stay.

Regards

Col Tigwell Downunder
AnswerID: 23047

Sponsored Links