Road Conditions for Cunnamulla - Innamincka

Submitted: Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 11:58
ThreadID: 55394 Views:4023 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Whats the road usually like form Cunnamulla - Innamincka???? Its about 1700km from Nowra - Innamincka Via Dubbo, Bourke and Cunnamulla....thinking this way for something different...Cameron Corner and merty way last time....

Laura
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:18

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:18
I'll be going that way as we are overnighting in St George and collecting the trailer and firewood.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 291905

Follow Up By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:19

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:19
Get back to work!!

Gonna try be in Cunnamulla on 8th I think....
FollowupID: 557252

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:26

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:26
So will I as we are going to arrive in Innaminka that evening :)
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 557255

Follow Up By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:28

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:28
scarey....so I might be getting my rums early then....!!LOL!!!

We're gonna leave here on Sunday morning, aim for bourke....but this may be pushing the limits withthe tackers in the car!! then from there, just see how we go....
FollowupID: 557256

Reply By: Mikee5 (Logan QLD) - Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 14:33

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 14:33
Hi there Laura, We dorve this last September. Cunnamulla to Noccundra turnoff - good bitumen, after that one lane bitumen for about 100km although it could be further by now. Then graded gravel suitable for any car. Some patches of dust and I guess it may be corrugated depending on how long since it was graded.
If you need it there is a free hot shower in Thargominda as you leave town on the Adventure Way (a little white painted building).
What is the road like from Bourke to Camerons Corner as I am thinking of going that way (Brisbane Moree Walgett Bourke etc)

Mike.
AnswerID: 291920

Follow Up By: Kiwi & "Mahindra" - Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 19:47

Monday, Mar 10, 2008 at 19:47
Bourke to CC is all over the shop usually.....heading towards Wanaaring is dirt and can be all over the place iwht corrigation, bulldust, but smooth sailing in other parts...heading into Tibooburra is ok but very long, well seemed to be, and somewhere around the national park area the road seems to be higher than the rest of the ground from memory...lifted up a little and ground looks white is Im remembering right. Getting close to Tib there will be big rocks everywhere!

From Tib - CC is typical dirt road, we did the merty merty track / old strzelecki creek track through the gas feilds and go through what we named "lake bleep longwei''.....seemed to go forever...lots and lots of sand as its all creek beds basically.

Other than that it more than likely has changed and will change....

have a good'n'
FollowupID: 557309

Sponsored Links