100 Series Heater/Air Con Fan Switch

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 11:01
ThreadID: 55423 Views:2003 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
People
I have a 2004 TD 100 series.
A year or more ago the heater/air con fan suddenly started to run at full speed no matter what speed setting the fan switch was on. At times, it would have a bit of a stop-start stutter, before settling for flat out.
Toyota fixed it on warranty. They told me the switch was faulty and they replaced it.
This weekend, it started doing the same thing. I'm pretty sure that last time was over 12 months ago so they will probably baulk at warranty this time.
Has anyone else had a similar problem with the fan switch? If there is a bit of history, I might be able to swing warranty.
Look forward to any response.
Cheers
Tuck (Jeff)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Robnicko - Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 14:18

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 14:18
Jeff,
I'm pretty sure the resistor is faulty. When the fan plays up and runs on full blast regardless of switch being on 1,2,3 or 4 the usual culprit is the resistor. Warranty should cover it. On an 80 series the resistor is located next to the fan itself, as for 100 series I imagine it would be similar.
Warranty should cover it

Rob
AnswerID: 292095

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 14:24

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 14:24
In SA, the commissioner for consumer affairs assures us that any item replaced under warranty, is covered AGAIN by the full term of the manufacturer's warranty - your state may do the same - why not press Toyota along those lines ?
AnswerID: 292096

Sponsored Links