Eyre Road Conditions Feedback

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 13:12
ThreadID: 55429 Views:2592 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
any members have an update on condition of the Zanthus to Balladonia track, please
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 19:20

Wednesday, Mar 12, 2008 at 19:20
Hi John

As you have had no replies so far, I can only offer a report from friends who went from Balladonia to Zanthus before following the Trans Continental Railway in April last year. They have a Landcruiser and Phoenix caravan and take the adventurous options. The photos in the diary show some really sandy patches.

Extracts from their diary:

We are heading from Balladonia to Zanthus now and will be at Zanthus within a couple of hours.
The track has been everything from wide and lovely, to clay pan, lots and lots of bull dust and I mean bull dust, to a bit of rock then washouts and over grown patches. We are at a barely two wheel ruts strip now with new young growth leaning well into the pathway and burnt trees from the last fire. There are tracks around the track where you go to get through.
He is flat out twisting and turning to get around everything and changing gears to first gear low range and into second and back to first again to pull through the boggy bull dust strips.
Sometimes it has certainly been touch and go as to whether we will get through.
But…..so far so good, our girl has pulled us and the van and all our gear and fully loaded with water etc through everything we have put her into.
We do get amazed every time she pulls us through. We do keep our tyres squishy for extra tread and grip and they do have good tread on them plus they are wide tyres to begin with but believe me when I say it is boggy bull dust it really is boggy bull dust and long strips of it. It is not just 10 or 20 metres long and out the other side again.

Motherhen

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 292370

Follow Up By: Member - John L (WA) - Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 18:33

Saturday, Mar 15, 2008 at 18:33
Thanks Motherhen, Thinking of going to Nullabor Muster at Rawlinna in April . John
FollowupID: 558426

Sponsored Links