GPS for Laptops and PDAs Feedback

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 17:25
ThreadID: 55435 Views:2352 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Tom Tom GO910 and a Palm T|X OS. I'd like to be able to load the OziExplorer outback mapping system onto the Palm and use it in conjunction with the Tom Tom GPS. I've read somewhere that the OziExplorer mapping system is not compatible with the Palm Operating System. Would someone be able to confirm that, or give me some hints as to how I can achieve what I want to do if it's possible to do it please. There seems to be a lot of conflicting information on the 'net & I'm becoming increasingly confused! Would much appreciate some help. Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 17:38

Tuesday, Mar 11, 2008 at 17:38
From OziExplorer Website

OziExplorerCE will not run on

PDA's using Windows CE version 1.
Smartphones which have a small non-touch screen.
Palm Pilots and any other PDA not using the Pocket PC / Windows CE operating system.

PDA's Supported

Handheld - HPC (CE version 2) , HPC Pro (CE Versions 2.11,2.12) , HPC 2000 (CE version 3.0+) and CE.net core versions 4 and 5
Palm sized - _Permanent_Painted_Coatings.aspx (CE version 2.0 and versions 2.11,2.12)
PocketPC - PC2000 (CE version 3.0+)
PocketPC - PC2002 (CE version 3.0+)
PocketPC - (Windows Mobile 2003) PC2003 (CE version 4.2+)
PocketPC - Windows Mobile 5
PocketPC - Windows Mobile 6 Classic and Professional. WM6 Standard (for phones with small non-touch screens is not supported)
ARM , MIPS , SH3 , SH4 , and Intel PXA2xx cpu's (Xscale) are supported for all platforms where applicable.

If you are still unsure it is a simple matter to download the demo version and try it.

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 292127

Sponsored Links