Injector problems after the Holden Jackaroo recall

Submitted: Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 16:26
ThreadID: 55592 Views:4372 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Holden Jackaroo that was issued with the recall for injector problems. Went on a waiting list at my local Holden Dealer and eventually had them replaced. That was back in March of 07. Nearly 3 weeks ago with the campertrailer on, the kids and wife in the car, we broke down. Took off from and intersection and nothing. Tow truck to local mechanic, told me to send to diesel expert. Tow truck to diesel expert and told on Friday it is my Number 2 injector. Up for $1000.00 cost of mechanic so far. Called Holden to see if there is a warranty on the recall. 2years or 50,000km, but you must have it towed to the holden dealer who did the job so they can make sure it is the injector. 2 weeks before dealer can look at it. What a joke. What do i do - pay the mechanic who has it now and have out of pocket expenses of $3000 but have the car back or wait and see what holden have to say! Has anyone else had these problems
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dunaruna - Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 16:48

Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 16:48
You need to make a judgment call as to whether or not it is worth the money and aggravation waiting for holden to get their hands on your vehicle.

If you chose to have the current mechanic complete the repairs, keep all the old parts, keep all documents including towing fees etc), get a signed letter from the mechanic stating what the fault was, get a copy of his qualification.

Then go directly to GMH head office AND the ombudsman. Make lots of noise.

I had holden refuse to honour a warranty on a monaro (the oil pump went toes up) because it was not serviced at a dealership. We proved to them that the service was carried out by a quailfied mechanic and that only holden specified parts were used. They paid, including towing.
AnswerID: 292939

Follow Up By: oz doc - Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 17:27

Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 17:27
Also ask the holden dealer to put it in writing that they can't attend to your car for 14 days. The other option is to see if holden will provide you with a courtesy car whilst you are waiting. The fault may be one of those things, but some part of me thinks that if they didn't do the job properly the last time then you may be better off getting your current mechanic to fix the problem and be done with it.
FollowupID: 558563

Reply By: Member - Charlie M (SA) - Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 21:54

Sunday, Mar 16, 2008 at 21:54
Hi walks
If you ask hard enough I thing you will find there were faulty injector in the recall, and were replaced under warranty second time around.
Cheers
Charlie
AnswerID: 293024

Sponsored Links