Ceduna via Wave Rock and lake Johnson road

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 14:39
ThreadID: 55746 Views:1929 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
G'day fellow Travellers. A few weeks ago I asked for any reports on the above road. I can now report it is excellent, saw only 4 vehiciles going over and 5 coming back, that is from Wave Rock to Norseman.This way takes off approx. 90klms over the Coolgarrdie way. 100klms per hour plus is fine and sometimes as good as bitumen.Ceduna was good fun for 8 days The biggest blue swimmer crabs you would get anywhere and bagged out each day on K/G whiting plus the best oysters at $5.50 a doz unshucked.The new hotel is first class and we had the odd meal there which was pretty good. Fuel at Penong is cheaper than Ceduna.If you are travelling this area the Breakways about 150klms from Wave Rock is a pretty and well off the road place to camp, no facilities.Wave Rock Hotel has a good BBQ each night.This gravel and sand road is crossed twice with mine site roads you need to slow a bit as the intersection is fairly blind but common sence makes you slow anyway enjoy LOS
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - joc45 (WA) - Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 22:13

Thursday, Mar 20, 2008 at 22:13
Hi LOS,
Sounds like Ceduna is worth staying at! Don't mind the old blue swimmer in a mornay, and am prepared to put the time in pulling the meat out for a mornay, the meat is just so good.
You're lucky with the Norseman-Wave Rock road. Last time I travelled it, I got caught behind an ore truck just leaving Norseman. Was still behind it at Lake Johnson, so stopped for lunch there. Good road otherwise; use it each time I travel east. And yes, the Breakaways is a good overnight camping spot.
Gerry
AnswerID: 293877

Follow Up By: Member - LOS BUSH - Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 13:16

Friday, Mar 21, 2008 at 13:16
Good to hear from you Gerry If you are still on the air kiwiAngler have a good look around the right side of McDermet Rock near Lake Johnson there is another very good wave shape in the rock The rock is worth a climb (not too hard ) take a beer and enjoy the sunset LOS
FollowupID: 559706

Sponsored Links