Challenger extra seats?

Submitted: Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 12:39
ThreadID: 55864 Views:4258 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there,
my first time asking a question, maybe someone can help? We have a Mitsubishi Challenger 2004, very happy with it, problem is the oldies are coming to visit and we need one more seat in the car to fit us, them and the 2 kids. We considered upsizing but don't really want to spend the money. Has anyone else got a rear bench seat or similar fitted to a Challenger? How has it worked off-road? We're in Kununurra and already going off-road very happy with what we've got but would the extra seats be safe for the kids (6 & 8)?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Troll 81 (QLD) - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:51

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 20:51
Not as simple as what you think. You will have to get a engineers certificate done to make it all legal and the whole exercise will cost a bit of money. Just hire a cheap car for the time they are there
AnswerID: 294491

Reply By: kcandco - Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 23:31

Monday, Mar 24, 2008 at 23:31
Hi AnnieH

Also when a vehicle is fitted with extra seats ie a 7 seater pajero, it wont pass a roadworthy if the extra seats are taken out when selling the vehicle. This happened to the previous owner of my car who had to reinstall extra seats before getting a roadworthy. Makes me wonder how people get on who have sold the dickie seats in the back when they come to sell.

regards Kc
AnswerID: 294521

Sponsored Links