The FUTCH man was just on ACA

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 19:18
ThreadID: 55913 Views:2520 Replies:3 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Just been watching A Current Affair .... about vehicle braking.

Beware of Bill S......his braking skills in the 100 series with the big green sign on the side proclaiming "FUTCH" does not stop very well. Looks like the manufactureres of the FUTCH will have to work out some you-beaut way of making a vehicle stop as well as they can make it GO !!!!! hahahahaha
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kev & Darkie - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 19:29

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 19:29
LOL

To much of the go pedal and not enough on the woo pedal.
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 294682

Follow Up By: Mike Harding - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 20:04

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 20:04
>Of what use is freedom of speech to those who fear to offend?

Good question... what's your answer Kev?

Mike Harding
FollowupID: 560594

Follow Up By: Kev & Darkie - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:17

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 07:17
If you can't handle the heat then get out of the kitchen ;)

Well that's what Kiwi reckons he he he
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 560686

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 20:21

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 20:21
Roachie
I think the sign on the door read FITCH

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 294710

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 22:45

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 22:45
Yeh, but we don't use THAT word on this forum these days.... it's a mark of the disdain we hold for that so-called "product". It's in the same basket as any number of other snake oil gizmo's. By using the "real" product name on here, we could be inadvertantly leading some poor unsuspecting sucker into doing a google search, which may result it them wasting a LOT of $$$$.

A few years back there was a great debate (dare I say... it was a mas-debate) about this matter. Bill S was adamant that his product was good for a fuel economy improvement of around 10%.

In desperation (to try to prove it right or wrong), I outlayed my hard-earned (about $300- from memory) on one of his shiny coke cans and fitted it to my (then) 4.2TD Patrol. I had been keeping accurate records of my fuel usage since day one and continued to do so once I fitted the FUTCH/FETCH etc.

Guess what? No bloody difference whatsoever!!!!

Just before the 90 day free trial period was over, I removed it from my fuel lines and returned it to Bill S and obtained a 100% refund (it cost me the postage).

Bill S then informed me that it was MY fault the device didn't work in my truck, because I didn't get the fuel wound back. Golly-gee, imagine that!!! If I'd have wound my diesel screw back, I would've saved some fuel (because I had a FETCH fitted). Get the flock outa here you flockin' wally!!!! That was about the end of the story!!!! hahahaha.

We all laugh about it now. We're still awaiting Bill S to post up the results of the scientific research that he said was almost completed about 3 years ago.!!!!! Dunno what could've happened to THAT.... hahaha

Roachie
FollowupID: 560654

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 22:47

Tuesday, Mar 25, 2008 at 22:47
Sorry, I said "free trial period".......

I meant to say: "money back trial period"....

Apologies
FollowupID: 560656

Reply By: Member - Jeff H (QLD) - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 00:12

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 00:12
Roachie,
Had always wondered about that "Glitch" technology. Too lazy to google, so thanks for the summary.

.....And I thought buffalo had thick skin!! Strewth, I know nothing!!
Jeff.
AnswerID: 294769

Sponsored Links