Great trip Holland Track

G'day all.

Just did the Holland track(W.A.)from Broomehill to Coolgardie and it was an absolute treat.

Next to no people out there and great tracks for cruising along and relaxing.

There was some mud around for a bit of fun.

Plenty of open space and we sat back at night with a small camp fire and was great to get out of Margaret Rivers hussle and bussle and escape reality for a bit.

My point would be to give it a crack.John.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Alan H - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:15

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:15
Hi John.
I passed the Broomehill end on Sunday coming back from Reef Beach and thought then it would be a good starting point.
How long did it take end to end and is it good for camper trailers right through?
Alan.
AnswerID: 294799

Follow Up By: J.T. - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 21:56

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 21:56
Hi Alan

We left Broomehill on Thursday arvo about 2pm and travelled into Coogardie and around the Woodlands track and back into Hyden by Monday morning smoko.

We took it pretty slow on the twisting sections but high taled it a bit on the good gravel sections.

We took a troopy which remained unscratched but there are some narrow sections which I reckon you wouldnt want to be too paranoid about your camper trailer paint.

Having said that we met a bloke towing a Bushtracker through there.
John
FollowupID: 560817

Reply By: mike1289 - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 14:07

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 14:07
John,

Ditto, did the track from Hyden and via the woodline into Coolgardie. A great little track, plenty of history and not too challenging. We were out in convoy! one of our party pulling a jayco popup now renamed the "hedgetrimmer" Poor bugger lost all his side lights!!

Mike
AnswerID: 294814

Reply By: Member - The W (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 21:53

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 21:53
Hi John,
We are from beautiful Augusta. Loved that trip when we did it too.
Will do it again one day for certain.
Glad you enjoyed it.
The Wattos.
AnswerID: 294917

Reply By: J.T. - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 22:01

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 22:01
Oh yeah dare I add there is a good book from the newsagent that was quite handy.

The treck notes from here for the section from Broomehill to Hyden was on the bleep and not really even close.We had a few different maps and books so used them all together.

Year 98 HZJ 75 4.2 diesel used 12.7 litres per 100ks for total trip including to and from Margaret River.
John
AnswerID: 294920

Sponsored Links