Gunbarrel 4WD Draw Systems

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:29
ThreadID: 55931 Views:4114 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone (preferably in Perth) used or built any draws using the "Gunbarrel 4WD system"l company in Perth.

Regards

Stevie

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Jim from Best Off Road - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:06

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 12:06
Stevie,

Can't help you with that brand, but I can put you in contact with a number of our customers in Perth should you want to check out one of our units.

$850 plus freight to suit 4wd wagons. $1050 for dual cabs. Come fully assembled and simple to install, in wagons they bolt into existing tie downs in the back.

5 year warranty.

Regards,

Jim.
AnswerID: 294804

Reply By: hotfishez - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 18:31

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 18:31
i got the plans but did modify them to suit what I wanted. I had galvinised pressings made up for the supports and top hat sections made to bolt to existing 3rd row seat mounts. I aslo made them a bit lower. In my case the plans are great for a base to work off depending on what you want and what tools you have available, I have more a sheetmetal background and found it easier to build to my specs that way. The system I have put together is lighter than the inital gunbarrel design, have my own preffered latches, hinged top sections and a couple of other mods I cant think of at the moment. I am building 3 x sets for myself and a couple of friends costing me around $1500 in total for the 3 sets. The bearings and pressings were are the most expensive parts, foremost increasing the cost from the original plans. (the gunbarrel are cheaper to build). I hope to finish them off the next week or two, other pressing projects have priority at the moment.
They are a good design, a bit too high for me but as I said it is an excellent base to work from. The drawings are detailed, they supply all the part numbers for bearings and all dimensions for bolts. If you want to build your own, get the plans and modify to what you want, as I said they are a great base to work from.
AnswerID: 294857

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 21:33

Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 21:33
my experiences dovetail along the lines of hofishez's post......I used the basic concepts and modified the designs for my vehicle....work in progress.........good detail etc in the plans.......I believe they were worth the money for my purpose

Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 294911

Sponsored Links