Waroona dam (WA)

Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 26, 2008 at 22:40
ThreadID: 55960 Views:3852 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
OK folks we are picking up the new Trak Shak tomorrow afternoon and have organised a weekend away at waroona dam the weekend after next to use the camper before we head off north in a month.

Has anyone stayed at waroona dam (not the caravan park) and can tell me anything about the area for space etc.

Cheers

Matt
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Waza & Wend - Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 01:38

Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 01:38
Matthew hi,

We have stayed at Waroona when skiing. The caravan/cabin area is before the dam wall. Once you go over the wall, you travel around 2 k's (following the signs) to the camping area. If it is not busy, which I would think it is not at the moment as I heard the dam is rather low = not much fun for skiing, you will have ample space. There is a large area, that has bush toilets. You need to be self sufficient other than that.

Regards
Warren
AnswerID: 294945

Reply By: Ruffstuff. - Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:06

Thursday, Mar 27, 2008 at 10:06
Mathew,

the handbrake & i stayed at Waroona dam a couple of months ago, trying to find a level piece of ground is a challenge if there are already a few people there.
Unfortunateley there were two lots of people there who were having a "whos got the loudest stereo" competition until 3 in the morning..
Other than that, its a nice place to wind down & Relax,
AnswerID: 294969

Sponsored Links