Gas Bottle & Cartridge

Submitted: Friday, Mar 28, 2008 at 17:39
ThreadID: 56017 Views:2124 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have a Primus Gas Lamp and 2 burner cooking set. They are both 3/8 connection.

I'd like to know if there is an adaptor that will allow either of the above appliances to be used with a cartridge style bottle. I saw a two shapes of cartridge in K-Mart today, one shaped like a an aerosol can and the other was shorter, squatter and had larger volume.

If so, are there any advantages/disadvantages I should be aware of?? Safety issues?

I'm trying to reduce weight for the roof rack by eliminating a lareg gas bottle.

I looked at a number of brass fittings in K-Mart however I couldn't work out what went where, and there's all those codes etc.

Any help from anyone learned would be very much appreciated.

Cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldplodder (QLD) - Friday, Mar 28, 2008 at 18:04

Friday, Mar 28, 2008 at 18:04
Thought of it, but didn't do it.

I have a 1kg and 2kg gas bottles that work well for the smaller stove, and they are lighter on the roof.

Std fitting so easily refilled at a servo, and if the 4.5kg runs out, I have spare gas for a few days.
AnswerID: 295277

Reply By: mattie - Saturday, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:03

Saturday, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:03
Hi Ralfr
have tried to do the same thing but the other way, to hook up a little gas light that runs on a can and hook it up to a normal gas bottle and i have had no luck, as most of the appliances that run on a can are butane and you are converting it to propane or in your case the opposite you are able to get quite small primus cylinders that hold .34kg i think and these are refillable.

MATTIE
AnswerID: 295369

Sponsored Links