Toyota 80Series diesel (non-turbo) with LPG - opinions & recommendations?

Submitted: Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 21:56
ThreadID: 56135 Views:2312 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
All,
I'm interested to hear from anyone with advice, tips and fitter/installer recommendations for possibly installing a LPG mix kit on my 80series diesel cruiser.

I've heard and read that it's basically no cost to do the conversion with the rebates ($3K?) and gives slighty lower running costs (LPG cheaper) and more power.. I'm particularly interested in the more power bit as I find the cruiser a bit sluggish up BIG hills and whilst trying to overtake (doesn't happen often but occansionally we'll pass the odd grey nomad with van).

I've currently got the two diesel tanks (95 and 45ltr) and I believe the gas tanks get installed in the spare wheel well under the back meaning I also need a Kaymar wheel carrier??

All tips, thoughts, advice and recommendations on reputable installers in the Perth metro area appreciated.

cheers Tony
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Matt(WA) - Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 23:42

Monday, Mar 31, 2008 at 23:42
Hi Tony,
I have a 97 1HZ 80 series on Diesel Gas. The car has done 175000km's. I had extractors and 2 1/2" exhaust fitted at the same time. Cost was $4500 and I got back $3000 from State and Federal governments. I would definatly not recomend the company that fitted mine as they took an extra two days to fit, the car has been back atleast 4 times to be fixed and the original contractor that fitted the system is no longer fitting the system after screwing mine up. It is better on fuel(about 200km's more distance) and has more power now that all the little faults have been ironed out. If you want more advice or to look at mine and see how it all works email me: matthew.brook1@three.com.au
Hope this helps
Matt

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 295897

Reply By: Ray - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:08

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 10:08
You could always fit a false floor in the back as I have done. Those spare wheel carriers are expensive and can be dangerous. Have you also though of the weight lifting the spare onto the carrier?
AnswerID: 295927

Sponsored Links