Jayco Hawk Air Conditioning

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 11:28
ThreadID: 56150 Views:10149 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just curious to know if any members have installed air conditioning in a Jayco Hawk.My Family and I are heading north to Cairns over a period of three months and would be interested to hear any ideas as to what other have devised.I would rather not cut a hole into the roof so I was thinking along the lines of a portable system of an in window type installed into the front under the sliding bed.Would appreciate any ideas.

-++
++
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: DesF - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 14:56

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 14:56
Hi, I have a Jayco Eagle and they don't reccomend putting the extra weight on the windup mechanism.
I have been thinking about a split system , mounted on the rear and having the out let on hoses instead of pipes ( as in car) and then having mounts on the wall above the bed and unhooking it and laying on the lounge when mobile.
My mate has one in his poptop van and it does a good job and is quiet. you can get them for about $600 or $700.00 now . he installed his himself and just got them to gas it.
he got a Carrier about a grand.
Cheers Des.
AnswerID: 295958

Reply By: Member - AJB (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 17:47

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 17:47
AC in a camper! It'll struggle to have any effect. They struggle to work in pop tops let alone campers.
AnswerID: 295978

Reply By: Muzzgit [WA] - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 20:27

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 20:27
I have seen a couple of Goldstream campers (same concept as Jayco) with RC airconditioning in the front bottom cupboard with ducting coming out at two points at floor level.

I agree however, it would be working hard to keep a camper cool, and it also takes up a lot of cupboard space.
AnswerID: 296015

Reply By: PradOz - Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 21:13

Tuesday, Apr 01, 2008 at 21:13
i have posted a link on here before that showed a camper van (an Eagle type layout) with a split system in it. I seen it on ebay for sale with photos of his installation. The outlet was in the cupboard below the club lounge at the front. The "motor" was mounted on the A frame. I have seen plenty more with them mounted on the back bumpers too. Why not spend a bit of time looking thru ebay or van yards and see what you can find. I am not sure what the link was now, but maybe a search thru the old threads may find something. good luck
AnswerID: 296030

Sponsored Links