Tag-along tours

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 19:15
ThreadID: 56246 Views:2222 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone done one of these for Cape York? I am doing it alone with my 8 yr old, and it will be the first leg of touring Australia, so I thought it might be a good intro for us, with back-up and help, but how much back-up and help do I really need, is it that scary? What are the good bits and bad bits about these types of tours? Thanks for any opinions.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 21:06

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 21:06
I reckon there good.
But then I suppose I have to.

All the best
Eric
AnswerID: 296473

Reply By: Member - Footloose - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 22:32

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 22:32
The Cape is as scary as you care to make it. Take it easy, do the tourist bits and you'll be right and have a ball. But the company of others would make all the difference in a tag along. The guide knows all the good spots, and how to get there and back. He will have all the experience and knowledge that you can lean on if things do go pear shaped.
AnswerID: 296506

Reply By: Member - RockyOne - Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:56

Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 10:56
We did the Cape (22 magic days-built drum raft to cross Wenlock River) with Guides to Adventure in 1989. Great tour operators. Suggest also Eric of Cape York Connections as his crew are on the level. Why would you travel any other way first time into new territory when these guys have it all covered.All you do is drive, chat on the UHF ( not on Ch-40) with other great new friends and put up your tent at night. Don't forget 'happy hour'. Best part for Australia is that these operators check that no litter or human waste is left behind. No landscape is spoiled, yet, a great time is had by all. Trouble makers? Nope ! They stay at home and press buttons on the remote control. No, I have vested interests in tours. Helps? Have fun. RockyOne
AnswerID: 296595

Sponsored Links