Six berth all road caravan

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 21:16
ThreadID: 56256 Views:1845 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Which manufacturers can offer a six berth all road caravan?
Why? My neighbour is jelous of our lifestyle and wants to get into it. He's wanting to get a van for his family of little ones and get out into the big beyond.
Any help appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stevie 90 - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 21:47

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 21:47
Hi

Tell your neighbour to have a look at www.jayco.com.au and look at the "Expanda" range (model 16.49-2) not a bad van, built to sell but if your neighbour is just starting out it may suit his budget.

Stevie 90
AnswerID: 296490

Reply By: Member - Doug T (FNQ) - Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 22:15

Thursday, Apr 03, 2008 at 22:15
Down the bottom r/h side is a lidt of Van Manufacturers, all in one spot to make it easy.

Caravan List

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 296500

Reply By: kym111 - Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 01:14

Friday, Apr 04, 2008 at 01:14
We're in the same position as your neighbour and looking for something with room for kiddies. Depending on what your neighbour wants to do & where he's going, as to what might be suitable.

We're looking for something around 21' that can go most places, on & off road, and have found most manufacturers have layouts both in poptops and full vans to suit, with off-road or semi-off road options as well. Personally, I refuse to have a Jayco Expanda or similar, cos if I wanted to sleep in a tent, I would! Plus we're doing 'the lap' so I need some space & comfort if hubby is to come out of the trip alive!!

So far I've looked at Jayco, Millard, Traveller, Coromal, Roadstar, Western and Windsor. My pic is Roadstar, hubby likes the Western (especially as it's made here in WA).

Second hand vans are hard to come by, but they do come up occasionally.Check out www.rvpoint.com.au and www.tradingpost.com.au for a huge range of vans.

Otherwise Google the manufacturer names and see what comes up (except don't bother with Millard, their website is just a front page).
AnswerID: 296534

Reply By:- Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:52

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:52
Value for money & practicality the Expanda is hard to beat.

You have the simplicity of towing a 16ft van but the interior space of a 25ft van.

Yes you sleep under canvas but it is ridiculous to compare that to sleeping in a tent. The beds are larger than most beds in "normal" vans & just as comfortable.

There are a wide range of configurations available including a bunk model that will sleep 7 or 8 - try that in a standard van under 25ft & still have room to move
AnswerID: 300239

Follow Up By:- Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:54

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 11:54
I forgot to mention, we're doing a 12 month trip around the block next year with our 6 & 7 year old kids & i don't reckon there's a van out there that could be more comfortable for our needs
FollowupID: 566394

Sponsored Links