McCalmans Crystalvale 4wd park

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 09:00
ThreadID: 56347 Views:5955 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,
Just wonderng if anyone has been to McCalmans Crystalvale 4wd park. just looking fo somewhere different to go on upcoming long weekend. Tried Levuka last june and loved it, but we thought we would try a different place and go back to levuka this june. Got McCalmans Crystalvale 4wd park out of dirty weekends book but there is limited info on web about it. Any feedback would be appreciated
Cheers

Brett
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: stefan P (Penrith NSW) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:28

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:28
G'day Brett

Went there about 2 years ago and found it to be alot of fun, well sign posted and nice camping area.

But it is the first and only 4WD park I have been to so nothing to compare it with. At the time I went my patrol was standard and there were tracks that were not possible in a standard hight 4by. So there is some good driving there.

Freindly Staff, lovely and green, nice drive out there! So I would recommend it.

Cheers Stefan

P.S see my rig profile for a pic from there
AnswerID: 296952

Follow Up By: Member - Vince B (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:47

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:47
Hi Brett.

I totally agree with Stefan's comments.
The park is an easy drive from brissy or down south.
If you have time, get out for a drive & explore the Tweed region.
Regards.
Vince
FollowupID: 563008

Reply By: madmav - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 21:18

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 21:18
Its a nice little park, not as big as Levuka. Just a note that if there has been rain prior to arrival then driving some tracks will be impossible due to the clay like surface. Usually good for a day trip due to size.
AnswerID: 297052

Sponsored Links