Submitted: Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 12:49
ThreadID: 56358 Views:6944 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Howdy Folks, We are due to pick our "new" caravan up mid week. Our old one being traded was insured through National Seniors which is underwritten by Allianz.
The policy does not state an actual value in dollars, but refers to the market value of the particular model etc. (its a 98 model Jayco Westport 16' pop top which we paid $18000 for three years ago)
Premium was $343 & the policy has an excess of $375. It carries liability & contents to the value of $1000.00
Some info & recomendations as to who others use etc would be appreciated. Thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Fred G (NSW) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 13:05

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 13:05
Barry we are with NRMA and our Jayco 17ft full van same age as yours insured for same amount, very similar premium and excess. We have a new annexe, and they will only cover that for 5 years. Automatic contents cover of $1,000 which can be increased for extra cost.

Fred & Christine
AnswerID: 296965

Reply By: DIO - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 13:21

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 13:21
Have my van with CIL, have had for many years now. They will insure for $ values, Van, contents, annexe etc.
AnswerID: 296970

Follow Up By: Baz & Pud (Tassie) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 17:44

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 17:44
We are with the same company which is part of the Vero Group,
ours also insured for $value, and according to policy up to $30000 (yep that's right) for contents, and because all Tassie drivers are good ones, LOL only a $100 excess.

Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 563058

Reply By: Member - David P (VIC) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 14:07

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 14:07
Get a quote fm Allianze, either way lets know...silverback
AnswerID: 296977

Reply By: Member - shane (SA) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 15:47

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 15:47
under normal policies you are covered for 7 days for your new van with the existing policy. this allows you to transport it home and notify insurance company of the new details.
AnswerID: 296991

Reply By: Member - Phil/S WA.. - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 17:49

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 17:49
G,day Barry, If you are over 55 try ''APIA'' I ,m with them ,the van is insured for $34000, contents $2000 & annexe for $1100 with an excess of $100 for EACH catagory, so if I totalled it the excess would be $300. the premium is $380 yr.[mthly]. am happy with that.......
AnswerID: 297008

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 23:54

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 23:54
There are two good companies for caravan insurance. CIL and MHIA (Manufactured Homes Insurance Agency.) These two know the business and give agreed value policies. Keep away from market value policies - you can get some bad shocks off these. They may not be the cheapest but I think they are better value than the cheapies.

If you Join the Australian Caravan Club you get even better benefits and lower prices with MHIA.

Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 297090

Sponsored Links