GU wheels falling off

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 20:28
ThreadID: 56377 Views:1817 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
In post 56328 these wheels coming off was discussed,anyone see the article on p17 of 4wd action may 2008 that in part says " the recovery vehicle driver said it was about the tenth patrol he had recovered with this problem ..." if true this would be a very dangerous statistic glad mine has steel wheels
What has nissan said to anyone affected ???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Wheatbelt Wayne - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 21:48

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 21:48
G'day Pepper2

Mine has steel wheels and I've had one come off in a remote area when all the wheel studs broke off. Fortunately I was travelling with someone and we were able to use his car for a trip into Marble Bar to "find" some more. The locals there had some from a GQ that fitted no worries.

Sorry, but I thought you'd better know that just because you have steel wheels that you are safe from them falling off.

Oh and my steel wheels are showing the cracks that are endemic in the GU patrol.

Cheers

Wayne

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 297063

Reply By: Peter McG (Member, Melbourne) - Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 21:49

Sunday, Apr 06, 2008 at 21:49
The answer is - not much. Read through the archive from earlier incidents as well as this recent post. If you have the 16" alloy wheels then check torque on nuts frequently! And change to steel wheels as an extra measure.

Peter
Peter
VKS Mobile 1906

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 297064

Sponsored Links