Vulcanising glue for mushroom plugs?

Submitted: Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 15:56
ThreadID: 56402 Views:2878 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am after the glue one uses with "mushroom" plugs.
Went around to Rema Tip Top here in Brissie but the buggers had moved. The last tube I bought off them got holed in the tool kit and crap leaked out everywhere.
There must be a few different types of glues used with tyre repairs because when I bought the original batch of supplies they gave me two tubes with instructions that one was for patches on tubes and the other for patches on the inside of the tyre itself.
Q - Is the stuff they sell in Super Cheap as "tyre cement" such a product? Repco perhaps? Maybe Fourbys (or one of the other tyre places)?
Cheers from the Moose.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Stu & "Bob" - Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 17:18

Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 17:18
2/112 Garden Drive
Willawong QLD 4110
Ph. (07) 3875 1700
Fax (07) 3277 4660
AnswerID: 297217

Reply By: Member - Vince M (NSW) - Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 18:22

Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 18:22
Rema tip top is now (some years now) distributed by Sandvik Material Handling (use to be beltreco) they have a branch in Brisbane
hope this helps
AnswerID: 297233

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 20:01

Monday, Apr 07, 2008 at 20:01
I'd be going to a tyre shop to make sure you buy the right stuff. From memory, the blue Rema Special cement is the stuff for the mushroom patches. The parts shops usually don't stock it.
AnswerID: 297252

Sponsored Links