New caravan on order (as if anyone else cares)

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 20:09
ThreadID: 56442 Views:2983 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
SWMBO dragged me to the "supershow" @ Rosehill last week and guess what we came away with a new Gin Palace ordered...It's a "caromel" with the u bute allegedly corrugated road waranted independant suspension.. Have everything in it including washing machine and a bed larger than the one in the current Gin Palace but this one is 1560Kg as opposed to 2200Kg. I suspect the cupboards all had hydrogen ballons in them when it was weighed...
Got a good trade on the current van and I think if SWMBO keeps winning at Bingo we will just be able to afford it LOL...
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: autosparky - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 20:15

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 20:15
seems as if swmbo is onto a shopping spree to get to fill the new coramel to 2200kgs. any excuse to excersize retail therapy genes
AnswerID: 297430

Reply By: Steve - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 21:20

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 21:20
which one Basil? Pioneer Corvair? Some nice ones there - we went last week. Pulling a Pioneer Silhouette at the mo but was looking enviously at the Kedrons last week.

hmmmm.......one day.....if a nice pre-loved one turns up. Trouble is, starting at 2.5 tonne tare I wouldn't fancy my chances slugging it up some of those long hills.
AnswerID: 297453

Follow Up By: Mr Fawlty - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 at 16:59

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 at 16:59
Its the E615S Low line poptop.... yeah the weight of my old van was a killer, the Jack legally can tow 2500KG but I suspect we were way overweight at times, this one has fewer cupboards but does have and onboard battery, inverter etc and the bed (should I be able to attract any casual skirt) is bigger....Gas/Electric hot water and they threw in an 80watt solar panel all fitted up into the bargain. Don't actually get it till August...
FollowupID: 563647

Follow Up By: Steve - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 at 18:04

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 at 18:04
so if the Mrs reports a bloke asking if she wants to come and inspect his new iverter and big bed, we'll know who to look for.....
FollowupID: 563665

Reply By: Member - Rob S (NSW) - Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 21:37

Tuesday, Apr 08, 2008 at 21:37
Your lucky all i was allowed to buy there was a new bag to put my tent pegs in.LOL.
I only ever made one mistake
and that's when I thought I was wrong!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 297457

Reply By: Steve - Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 at 17:59

Wednesday, Apr 09, 2008 at 17:59
On he topic of the Rosehill show, whilst I was wandering around trying to convince myself that one day I might own a Kedron or Bushranger, I was struck by the difference in attitude between those two. Bushrangers had not a price tag in sight whilst the only representative was engrossed in conversation with somebody, therefore denying us any insight into what the damage of owning one of these might be. Probably best that I don't know....but apart from that, you couldn't even go in the bloody van to have a poke around because they were all cordoned off. No wonder there was little interest shown in them. Contrast that with the Kedrons, who had the Dad and boys, plus staff available with dvds available for $70 for six, (well worth it) plus a t-shirt. I already had the dvds but Glenno gave me a t-shirt for nowt. The boys were all there to have a natter with and all prices were displayed along with show specials. I'm still a few years' hard yakka away from one unless the Mrs takes up a night shift as well. I'll let you know how I go
AnswerID: 297620

Sponsored Links