diesel gas good or bad experiences, Hunter Gas?

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 at 22:38
ThreadID: 56529 Views:2704 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, this Q? for a friend of mine contemplating fitting diesel gas.

Any feed back from those who have done this? In particular anybody used Hunter Gas?

Cheers,
PJ.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: desert legend - Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 at 23:37

Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 at 23:37
Have the system by Diesel Gas Aust fitted to my 100 series 1 HZ for some time now and am generaly happy with the mild increase in economy and pulling power. I think its even better with the Turbo engines. I get up to around 13 l/100 now compared to aroud 16 in the past.
Vehicle wieghs over 300kg unloaded and has pask rack.172000 k's on original injectors
Have had some initial issues with settings, over gassing leading to huge smoke plumes under load on hills but that's sorted now.
Quality of fitting and after sales response has been excellent .
Have the single tank under the rear in place of spare tyre and I have to be a bit more careful not in wash a ways and with rocks on a bouncy track with a high crown.
Have replaced the original protective plate with a more robust unit.
Cheers
Dave
AnswerID: 297912

Reply By: samsgoneagain - Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 at 23:42

Thursday, Apr 10, 2008 at 23:42
not worth the time. more stuff . fix it .less drinking time
AnswerID: 297916

Reply By: Alan H - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:12

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 11:12
I've got it fitted to a Defender and it's not bad, gives a bit more power to pull the camper but I don't like the tank location under the floor ,drivers side although it doesn't hang down too much.
I wouldn't have had it done though if it wasn't for the $3000 rebate.
It's supposed to allow longer times between oil changes as well but it still looks black enough to me after 5000klms to need changing.
Maybe an analysis wopuld show a difference bit I can't be bothered with that.
Hope this helps.
Alan.
AnswerID: 297959

Follow Up By: Steve - Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:08

Friday, Apr 11, 2008 at 19:08
I'll try not to get too giddy here especially as I've only just picked it up and have no figures yet....but....300tdi Defender with Ecoshot just installed, I said the first thing I'll do is drive up two local hills which I normally have to drop into 3rd to get up. The first hill I normally get as much speed up as I can from the bottom, which isn't much because you have to stop before going up, then about 2/3rds of the way up I had to drop into 3rd. Just done it, but couldn't even get any speed up in 4th like I normally do because traffic was too slow. I had to drop into 3rd anyway 1/2 way up....but guess what? I let the car in front get ahead, carried on in 3rd then got enough revs up to change to 4th and cruised all the way to the top. Easy. No way could I have done that before. Then, went to hill no. 2 where I normally (again) drop into 3rd about 2/3rds up. This time there was bugger all in front of me and I cruised up all the way in 4th easily - and I even had to back off the gas a bit. They claim 30% extra grunt, which I was a bit sceptical about but hoped I'd get around 20% or more. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm getting 30% more power. I look forward to the fuel economy stats too. I suppose it depends on the vehicle and which system you put in. Early days yet, but I'm off to Straddie next week so hope I'll have something a little more meaningful to report. Definately a big difference. I can only think that some installations aren't tweaked properly. They tend to over-do the lpg a bit but I'm set to run on 10% lpg to diesel.
FollowupID: 564086

Sponsored Links