Jackaroo 1992 auto

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 25, 2003 at 19:14
ThreadID: 5656 Views:1289 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Ive got heaps of excell. advice already ref. my Jackaroo 3.2 auto- with 210,000k on the clock-going OK- always serviced etc etc- is there anything I should be doing mechanically now that its ticked over 200K- (has had its new timing belt)like items that are a good idea to change at this mileage rather than just keep everything going until it breaks- mechanically clueless, I am getting fantastic advice via this site- Cheers TonyT
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: yarda - Thursday, Jul 03, 2003 at 14:57

Thursday, Jul 03, 2003 at 14:57
I hope they replaced the timing belt tensioner when they did the belt, as they loose pressure over time and are the cause of many strange cold engine knocking noises.

Wheel bearings and uni's / c/v joints should be properly inspected, keep good oil up to the auto and transfer case, make sure the rear diff has the correct GM additive in it if it is a LSD . Give all of the suspension rubbers etc a good look over as well. Check for any play in the front end but be aware that jackeroos get a little play in the vibration damper on the steering shaft that feeds back as a slight knock in the wheel. Don't know of an easy fix for this yet.....
Overall the jackeroos are a very tough reliable unit and will give you heaps of good service as long as you give them a little back.
See ya Brad
AnswerID: 24107

Reply By: TonyT - Thursday, Jul 03, 2003 at 21:31

Thursday, Jul 03, 2003 at 21:31
Thanks a lot for that- now all I need to find is a good workshop to check it out in Melb. Cheers TonyT
AnswerID: 24138

Follow Up By: enzo - Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003 at 19:44

Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003 at 19:44
Tony T

Lost your email address, but I've received the ARB catalogue etc.

Many, many thanks!
FollowupID: 17457

Sponsored Links