saved with 30 minutes to spare

Submitted: Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 20:21
ThreadID: 56642 Views:1800 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
yesterday i decided to get up early and do some work on the bathroom i am renovating, i put the screed in which took most of the day. then put the skylights in the bathroom and toilet. then the new heat lamps ready for the electrician, finished about 10pm, had tea then went to bed. just another day i thought, feeling quite happy with what i had done. then my wife said, DID YOU RING YOUR MUM FOR HER BIRTHDAY?
i tell you what, the heart started thumping, i felt ill, hot flushes, sick in the guts all at once. cant think straight, look at the clock, bloody hell its 11.15pm. dive out of bed, run through the house like a mad man looking for my mobile phone, know where to be found, time is ticking away faster and faster. find it after using wife phone to ring my phone to find it. ring mum, answering machine, bloody hell this will not do. ring her mobile, rings out, think, think, think, what to do now, keep trying, preying at the same time: please god let her hear the phone. finally after the third attempt bingo she answers.
after some sweet talking and telling her how sorry i was all was forgiven. just made it with 30 minutes to spare. i must be the man alive im thinking, look at the wife, she is laughing her head off. after calming down, laid there thinking, my life as i know it would have been over, no sweet talking would of got me out of it. mums have a way of never letting you forget. it would haunt me for the rest of my life. im 49 years old and still worried about not ringing mum for her birthday.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DAZA (QLD) - Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 20:33

Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 20:33
Hey Shane

You have only got one mum, good on ya.

Cheers

Daza
AnswerID: 298529

Reply By: dedabato (SA) - Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 21:19

Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 21:19
Be proud of it mate. After they are gone it's to late to do anything. Good on ya..............

I told my mother-in-law that my house is her house and she said. --- Get the hell out of my property !!!!!!!!
AnswerID: 298548

Reply By: Member - Brian H (QLD) - Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 22:05

Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 22:05
LOL, I know how you feel on that one, pity I missed the cut off kinda haunts you really but let me say that has nothing on forgetting wife's birthday (went fishing for 4 days) and the anniversary same year 1 month apart.

I can still remember daughter meeting me at the door and saying MUM is REALLY P$SSED with you and then told me why, I changed to a really bad colour of white as the blood drained.

I should also point out, the best line of defence is NOT always attack lol.

Brian

AnswerID: 298564

Follow Up By: Member - andrew B (Kununurra) - Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 23:00

Monday, Apr 14, 2008 at 23:00
As the T shirts and stubby holders say....I think that is what they call game fishing!

Cheers Andrew
FollowupID: 564686

Sponsored Links