Kipor generators good or bad??????

Submitted: Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 14:30
ThreadID: 56663 Views:15674 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi there does anybody have a Kipor generator and if so what do they think about it .I have heard that they are just as quiet as the hondas but quite a bit cheaper any feedback will be greatly accepted
Cheers Andy
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Mike DID - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 16:32

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 16:32
I've never had any problem with mine.

It may be a little noisier than the Honda.
AnswerID: 298704

Reply By: nowimnumberone - Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 18:10

Tuesday, Apr 15, 2008 at 18:10
gmc do a copy of the honda as well
went looking at one on the weekend and when we opened the box out popped a yellow kipor with kipor instructions etc.
but in another box was a blue gmc
i know kipor have changed from yellow to blue as well.
dont know if the new gmc and kipor are the same
difference is gmc one is $599.
cheers
AnswerID: 298723

Reply By: arofs1 - Wednesday, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:35

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:35
Hi Andy, I have had a 2kw model for several years and it has had quite a bit of use and I have no complaints about it. I am not saying it is as good as a Honda, Yamaha etc., but value for money for me it was the best buy for my amount of use.

Brian DJ
AnswerID: 298810

Follow Up By: arofs1 - Wednesday, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:38

Wednesday, Apr 16, 2008 at 07:38
To add to my previous reply, the noise level of the Kipor may be fractionally louder, but very similar to the Honda.
FollowupID: 564953

Reply By: IRATE DAVE - Saturday, Apr 19, 2008 at 17:43

Saturday, Apr 19, 2008 at 17:43
Hi Andrea

Thought Id answer your question to whether the Kipor generator is good or bad. With the story I have to tell, you might have second thoughts.

* Bought Kipor Gen 3 wks before Easter 2008 at Wollongong Caravan & Camping Show.

* Didnt not open box til Easter Saturday 2008 (as had no use for it til then)

* Followed instructions & filled it up with oil & fuel.

* Pulled cord about 15 times before it would start.

*Finally started but spewd fuel all over my daughter & myself from a hose that was at the bottom of unit..

* Turned gen off, got clean clothes on & tried to restart Gen again with another 10 pulls of cord.

* Again fuel spewed out but this time we were ready with a bottle over the tubes.

* Contacted Primus at Melbourne, who directed us to take the unit to Coffs Harbour (which is 500km's from Wollongong). We tolld Primus it was up to them as the unit was brand new and still had warranty & had never been used.

* 3 weeks had gone past with a lot of disagreements over the phone with Primus. Finally their Rep named Peter picked the unit up & re-delivered it a week later, but kept on insisting we used dirty fuel. When we invited him to stay so we could test the fuel in front of him, he said he didnt have time (we filtered it when he left & only took 2 minutes to do so. We used a 5 micron filter & found it was clean of dirt & water).

* We were blamed for putting dirty fuel in it, this was not true as the fuel was only in the unit for less than 5 minutes before we tried to start it & it would have taken more than 5 mins for the fuel to clog it up.

* What really happens is that if they test the units before delivering to Australia (they are made in CHINA) they put fuel into them & because of the inferia parts in the carbi such as the needle & seat, there is a reaction between the fuel & the parts if the fuel sits in there for some time which causes varnishing or cystalisation & therefore the needle & seat remain stuck causing the unit to flood (which is why we got covered in fuel).

* Primus are aware of this problem but wont admit to it & would rather accuse the customer or the petrol stations of selling dirty fuel.

* We will be notifying the petrol suppliers in Australia so they can fight it out with Primus.

* If you want a good argument with Primus please feel free to phone Ted on a free number 1300 555 197, he is the biggest liar you will ever come across & would love to take your money on these units that should not be allowed in Australia as they are dangerous. Primus has a duty of care to their customers but only have a duty of care to fill their pockets with our hard earn money.

* The Kipor that I purchased is going to be put on the roof of my vehicle with the appropriate signage whilst driving all around Australia.

* MORAL OF THIS STORY IS DONT BUY A KIPOR.....

Hope this story answers your question on whether to by a Kipor.

Kind regards

IRATE DAVE.

AnswerID: 299313

Follow Up By: Member - Mike DID - Sunday, Apr 20, 2008 at 06:40

Sunday, Apr 20, 2008 at 06:40
Interesting how people draw different conclusions from the same facts.

Based on my experience, the moral of the story is -

DON'T buy Kipor imported by Primus.

I bought mine from a direct-importer who insisted on testing it before handing it over - and charged me hundreds of dollars less than the "officially" imported ones. Never had a problem with it - even runs my two-door fridge during blackouts.
FollowupID: 565559

Sponsored Links