Which water filter system ??

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 15:02
ThreadID: 56727 Views:2278 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, It is so confusing with so many water filter systems there are on the market. Currently I am trying to set up a slide on camper so that we are able to draw water from creeks, bores etc to fill 0ur water tanks where water is available. We do most of our travel through very remote locations. Room isn't an issue, should we use the canister type whether it be 1,2,3 or the 1-micron in-line filter with the silver coated crystals? Has anyone had experiences with these filters negatives or positives?? would be kindly appreciated.
Thanks for any responses.
Cheers Mary Anne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Signman - Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 15:29

Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 15:29
Is this a 'deja vu' from a couple of days ago ??
Or is it Groundhog Day..

AnswerID: 299027

Follow Up By: REV'S - Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 16:07

Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 16:07
Yes ! I did put in a request for information a coupple of days ago and a big thanks to those who responded. From the answers i received it came down to 2 filters . One company menshioned that the inline filters block up very easily and another company menshioned that the canister filter cartridues are quite expensive to replace where as the inline filters just need a reverse flush.

FollowupID: 565196

Reply By: Member Boroma 604 - Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 16:41

Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 16:41
Gooday,
Suggest you have a look at this one bestwaterfilters.com.au, we bought one about a year ago & are happy with it but have not tried it other than town supply, but always use it when filling tanks & using supply direct from mains.
Cheers Boroma604
AnswerID: 299037

Reply By: Member -Dodger - Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 17:10

Thursday, Apr 17, 2008 at 17:10
We too go into remote locations and fill our water tanks from streams and other sources as well.
We check the water first for any obvious contanimates etc. (dead creatures) and if the water looks presentable without any nasty smell we then fill our tanks using a small 12v water pump that has a common garden water system filter on it.
In the van we have an Everpure water system and use that for consumable or potable water.
This filter takes water from the pressure system and filters it dispensing same by an additional tap over sink. The other water is taken from the pressure system via the standard Van tap and shower head.
Thus our drinking water and cooking water is pure.
The system can be installed very easily by a DIY person and takes only a small space usually under the sink.
Hope that this is not too hard to understand.
In 7 years we have not had the Bali belly bit .
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Cheers Dodg.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 299039

Reply By: Member - Alastair D (NSW) - Saturday, Apr 19, 2008 at 06:41

Saturday, Apr 19, 2008 at 06:41
Mary Anne,
I have used a 1 micron BEST inline unit for a couple of years and am quite happy. As I said the other day I let murky water settle in a bucket for a while if I have to use it to avoid clogging the filter quickly. The BEST units flush easily by reversing them and letting the watter flow for a while.

I would not go bigger than 1 micron as it will not filter out the nasties.
alastair
AnswerID: 299262

Follow Up By: REV'S - Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:34

Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 09:34
Thanks for all your help, its helped me a lot. I'll be going for the BEST 1micron as this should do the job.

cheers
Mary Anne
FollowupID: 565770

Sponsored Links