Caravan Antenna Feedback

Hi.
Over the last 15 Years I have tried more "caravan" antennas than I can remember - all of them promising to be the best one ever. The reason I have had some much experience with TV antennas is that unfortunately, I'm one of those blokes for whom near enough is never good enough.

The last antenna I purchased was the DK2700 Active Zone complete with booster. This was two years ago from the the Happy Wanderer Stand at the Melbourne van show. It is fantastic - I mean it really works in some pretty poor reception areas.

Coupled to a Standard Defintion Digital TV/Set Top we have enjoyed excellent reception and picture quality.

WARNING: The only down side is that, while over on the Yorke Peninsular, every day at 4.30pm there was a gaggle of women who camped in my van to watch the Bold and Beautiful because they could not get reception. This even included vans with the all sing and dance Wineguard antennas running through a digital set top.

Happy Travelling

Regards

John.

By the way I have no connection nor interests in Happy Wander.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Signman - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 13:37

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 13:37
We were tent camping at Arkaroola in '06. There was a couple across from us in a caravan. The tele went on first thing in the morning and didn't go off til stumps. In the 4 days we were there, the only times they left the van was probably for a pee.
I guess they'll do the Big Trip, and when they get home- proclaim they've seen Australia !!
It's also quite funny in the Caravan parks- when the rigs pull in. The first task is to plug in the power and set up the antenna to get the best TV reception !! Then they get around to disconnecting the car, levelling the van etc.

AnswerID: 299182

Reply By: neil&brenda - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 01:44

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 01:44
Remember kiddies, you boost the signal, you boost the interference.
AnswerID: 300876

Sponsored Links