innaminkca and telescope

Submitted: Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 19:52
ThreadID: 56757 Views:1520 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
goodday
if i bring my telescope to innamincka is there anybody who knows about such things can finish putting it together as it was a gift and it is something out of my knowledge band

steve
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Richard K (NSW) - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 21:17

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 21:17
Steve - Funnily enough I was going to start a post asking if anyone out there could recommend a good telescope course.. I bought one for my daughter a year ago and we haven't used it properly yet - its currently in about 3 sections and I thought I'd throw it together and point it skyward one night soon but I know it ain't quite that simple of you want to do it properly or get the most out of it. I have a few books on the subject but nothing beats a bit of one-on-one tuition hey?

I think there would be potential for an Exploroz amateur astronomy get together if a few of us can all join forces via this forum..

There must be a zillion good stargazing sites, particularly ones slightly off the beaten track - I'm in the Blue Mtns and I know there's an airstrip in the Hampton State Forest that would make a great campsite/astronomy site...

ANy others like to add input?
(not trying to hijack your thread Steve - perhaps I'll start a fresh one?)

Cheers and beers
Rich
AnswerID: 299225

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 21:25

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 21:25
Hi Steve and Rich,
I might be able to help you out. One of our 4wd Club members is the secretary of the Astronomical society here in South Australia. He will be attending the Innamincka trip, however I will refer him to this post first and see if he can help you both out with some information.

Kindest regards
Annette
FollowupID: 565380

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie (SA) - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 21:46

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 21:46
I've just had a quick look at our Club website which this fellow has set up and it has a section in it including astonomical information. You might like to take a look at it and contact him on that website. Its www.yp-connect.net/~hendy/4wd.htm or google the YP 4wdClub and go from there. Hope this may help.

Annette.

FollowupID: 565386

Follow Up By: The Geriatric Gypsies - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 22:05

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 22:05
thanks annette i will have a look at this site

steve
FollowupID: 565390

Follow Up By: Willem - Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 22:29

Friday, Apr 18, 2008 at 22:29
Yeah.....I had a refractor telescope once.......

Will bring me screwdriver to put it together for you.

Then all you have to do is look through the right end....hahahahahaha

Cheers
FollowupID: 565408

Sponsored Links