Caravan parks in the Bright area

Submitted: Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 18:45
ThreadID: 56860 Views:2349 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I've just spent six days staying at the Freeburgh Cabins and Caravan Park, a few kilometres out of Bright in Victoria.

Prior to deciding on this particular caravan park, I emailed several in the area and asked about their charges for one person and one tent staying in a powered site. The rates varied between $24 and $32 per night! Given that it not peak season and the caravan parks in question were almost certainly going to have low occupancy rates, I was a bit surprised at the relatively high rates.

I discussed it with the park that wanted to charge $32 per night but to no avail - they were not interested in entering into a debate about their prices. Fair enough, although I do not think it makes good business sense.

In the end, I decided to stay at the Freeburgh Cabins and Caravan Park because, although their normal rate was $24 per night, they were prepared to drop that to $10 per night given that I was by myself and their park occupancy was low. Guess who got my business.

I should add that the park is quite beautiful with wonderful amenities and very friendly and helpful owners. I strongly recommend it to others and, in the future, I will certainly stay there regardless of the fact that, at other times of the year and with my wife with me, I will, of course, be paying their full rates.

John
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian (Montrose, Vic.) - Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 22:09

Monday, Apr 21, 2008 at 22:09
We stayed there for a few days last year, I'll second your thoughts. Definately be giving them my tourist dollars next time we are staying in the area.
AnswerID: 299730

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 00:22

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 00:22
John,

Excellent feedback could I ask you to add this to the places system - if the park is not already loaded please add a new place and provide a rating in the place itself - this will ensure that the record is easy to find in the future and will allow additional feedback and comments. See - Places
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 299760

Reply By: Fragle_Rock (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:03

Tuesday, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:03
Whenever we travel to Bright we also stay at Freeburgh Caravan Park and highly recommend it.......it is a beautiful place and as you mentioned the owners are very friendly and helpful.

Cheers
AnswerID: 299801

Sponsored Links