Central Locking in 100 Series Landcrusier STD

Submitted: Tuesday, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 569 Views:3208 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Went to fit a central locking kit into my 100 Series STD Cruiser and found that the locks are cable rather than rod operated. Does anyone know of any cable operated Central Locking kits around that would do the job. Most of the ones around such as in Dick Smiths etc are all rod operated.
Many thanks.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Peter - Tuesday, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:00

Tuesday, Nov 27, 2001 at 01:00
David, be careful. I think you will find that the best way to fit central locking is by using the genuine factory kit. My 100 RV has central locking standard, and I have been told that it interfaces with the ECU to imobilise the ignition. You should find all the wiring in place, although it obviously won't be connected. Hope this helps.
AnswerID: 1496

Reply By: jeremy - Thursday, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:00
Yes you are correct !!, i went to do the same thing with a Cyclops system, ended up contacting the suppliers and they told me it can be done but it very time consuming !, you have to buy lengths of cable the same as in the door and cut and match / replace with it rather than couple onto the rod as per normal !!! I have not yet gone through with it yet but i am sure if you range Cyclops in Adelaide he would give you more info ! if you get it to work let me know !...........and by the way i contacted Toyota and they would not even sell me a guenuine kit ??????? WHY I AM YET TO KNOW !!!!!
Hope that helps.
AnswerID: 1508

Reply By: David Orchard - Thursday, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:00

Thursday, Nov 29, 2001 at 01:00
Guys,

I have since spoken to a local Alarm installer who is in the process of making a kit that will fit the 100 Series STD. It is along the lines of replacing the cables with dual cables in order for motor to be able to connect to something. They hope to have it on the market in Jan 02 for approx $500 fitted. As they pointed out, you could buy the individual actuators from Toyota and then wire these in yourself for a cost of about $3000 which is daylight robbery. Apparantly the STD does not come prewired to accept the CL kits that they do for the RV and above models and hence the cost involves cables, relays and about $500 per actuator.
AnswerID: 1509

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (14)