Dogs and Innaminka, Thread 56756

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 20:23
ThreadID: 56940 Views:2146 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
My quick post was probably taken out of context.....my fault.

What I meant to say, was that I wouldn't take MY current dog into the area, because it would be a totally alien area for her, and I'd run the risk of loosing her to Dingoes or wild dogs if she wandered off.

Therefore the breed, size and experience of the dog is very Important. Particularly when bush camping in very Isolated areas, which probably doesn't include a large gathering at Innamincka.

I've had Kelpie working dogs for most of my life who were born and breed in the bush. One would be tethered and the other set free at night when we were working the land. Never had a issue. Leave them both free, and all sorts of problems arise, including the dogs being shot (for obvious reasons).

My post was only meant as a reminder to people that you need to consider where your taking your animal, and consider the risks involve.

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but if you loose many of your best mates in the bush over time, it's a buggar of an experience....still to this day.

Probably have'nt explained it well, but I hope you get my meaning.

Regards

Kim

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: sfletch - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 08:16

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 08:16
good onya mate,you were only thinking of everyone.
AnswerID: 300213

Reply By: Hairy (NT) - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 17:34

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 17:34
Gday Kim

Goodonya for clearing things up Kim,
But I still think those who feel the urge to sneak out of camp and have sex with dogs are better staying at home!

LOL

Cheers
AnswerID: 300278

Follow Up By: Member - Kim M (VIC) - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 17:50

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 17:50
Hairy

I'm having a bit of a problem copying the DVD. We're going to try another computer next week.

Regards

Kim
FollowupID: 566443

Sponsored Links