Waeco Fridge

Submitted: Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:07
ThreadID: 56943 Views:2917 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G,day,

Was just away on the weekend and noticed my fridge temp display was reading 80c ?, it was running but not cooling at all and red light flashing every 3 or 4 seconds, its a 50 litre.

Had to put various things (BEER) in mates Engle.

Anyone else experienced this before, why would it be reading 80c?

Paul
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:22

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:22
Similar problems with a 40l Waeco.

Ours in in at the repairman AGAIN!!!!

Going to dump it soon
AnswerID: 300191

Reply By: Member - Peter R (QLD) - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:42

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:42
The light flashing every 5 seconds is an indication that the unit is not receiving enough power from the battery.

I found this out when this happened to me last week.

I had plugged the Waeco lead into a socket that turned out to be partly damaged.

Replaced the socket and all fixed.

Pedro
AnswerID: 300195

Follow Up By: Willem - Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:55

Wednesday, Apr 23, 2008 at 22:55
>The light flashing every 5 seconds is an indication that the unit is not receiving enough power from the battery<.

This may happen sometimes as stated in the Manual, but I have proved that it is not so all of the time.

Mine was a crook inverter and something else. The fridge worked for two weeks after being repaired and went on the blnk again!
Seller of fridge has offered to trade it in on an Engel when it is repaired this time. We have two Engels and have never had problems with them. Bought Waeco 'cos it was cheaper. Pay peanuts - get monkeys. Lesson learned....lol
FollowupID: 566344

Reply By: TimS - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:46

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 07:46
I've had exactly the same problem with the same fridge (Waeco 50L), bought new last May. It would run for days at a time and then that stupid red light would start blinking and it wouldn't cool. After much stuffing around that I won't bother detailing, I took it to my auto electrician who found that the in line fuse holder on the Waeco supplied 6mm cable that runs from the battery to the where the fridge is, was faulty. He replaced it with a circuit breaker on the firewall and all is well so far. Whether this turns out to be a permanent fix or not remains to be seen, but I'd certainly be checking the connections on that in line fuse, or better still, just replace it.

Tim
AnswerID: 300205

Reply By:- Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 14:39

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 14:39
I've had my 50L Waeco for about 6 years now & it has never missed a beat. It has been subjected to some pretty rough treatment in the back of the 4by & been forced to operate in some pretty hot weather - it works perfectly.

I hear a lot of issues about fridges not working - all brands - & it is usually due to insufficient vehicle wiring

I bought it over the Engel because it was better value for money & imo a better fridge..............i am yet to be proved wrong
AnswerID: 300263

Follow Up By: Member - Porl - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 16:30

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 16:30
I have had my 35L waeco since the first special they put on when they came out, what something like 7 years ago. The only problem was when glue holding the pins in the external plug melted cause the lid was left open. Leaving the lid open is a problem in the earlier models but to it's credit it killed a rectifier before it hurt the fridge. Has gone lots of places, works fine in 45C. Still use it as a fridge or freezer. Can't fault anything except the non-latch lid.
FollowupID: 566430

Reply By: Member - Crazy Dog (QLD) - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 17:16

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 17:16
Image Could Not Be Found

Check this out..

Grrr!!!
AnswerID: 300275

Reply By: Barry 2 - Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 00:54

Saturday, Apr 26, 2008 at 00:54
Paul
I have the 85 ltr model occasionally the red light flashes but it has usually been the cig lighter socket at fault. Now have a marine 2 pin screw together type socket - no chance of it ever coming apart
By the way my fridge doubles as a beer fridge at home it basically is never off and is going great after 3yrs
WAECO for me
Cheers
Bazza
AnswerID: 300517

Sponsored Links