Portable fridge

Submitted: Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 08:49
ThreadID: 56950 Views:2486 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am considering purchasing a Bushman portable fridge. Would be interested in others feedback- positive and negative.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mal58 - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 09:29

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 09:29
Hi,
I have a Bushman Fridge. We purchased it in Feb 2000, so it is one of the first ones that were released in Australia.

It has been a good fridge, being through a 8 week holiday in QLD in 2000, 3 weeks in SA in 2001, 3 weeks in TAS in 2004, 2 weeks in Outback NSW in 2005, numerous weekends in VIC, and the occasional bar fridge for parties at home.

We have had no real problems with it, but it will benefit with a cover.

The only thing that I can think of, is that it has a "AA" battery (or batteries in the newer version) to run the display. Just make sure that you replace the battery (batteries) yearly.

Cheers,
Mal
AnswerID: 300221

Reply By: Grinner - Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:10

Thursday, Apr 24, 2008 at 10:10
I've had a bushman as well since late 2000, and I've bought the extra height lids and collars along the way as well (Have gone from a single bloke, to a married couple, 1 kid, now 2 kids in that time!)

It has been a great fridge in that time, and has never let me down. I'd use it camping all up about 5 -6 weeks per year. The only issue I've had was the 12 volt plug / socket on the fridge would sometimes fall out. I think they've fixed this problem in recent models, in fact when I saw the distributor at one of the camping shows some years after I'd bought the fridge, I mentioned this to him and he gave me a clip to hold the plug in.

In my opinion one of the biggest benefits to the Bushman is the digital thermostat. You're able to dial up the temp you want, and the compressor will come on 2 degrees above the dialed up temp. then turn off 2 degrees below the temp. My mate got a new Engel last year, and while it now has a digital temp readout, it still has a manual dial to set the thermostat, numbered 1 - 6, no actual direct link to the temp you want.

Grinner
AnswerID: 300225

Reply By: howesy - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:11

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 10:11
Believe the claims. I've had mine a few years it did 2 large trips, 9 week and six week, where it ran 24 hours a day and was shaken around pretty well. it has also been the overflow fridge for around six weeks of every xmas and been on heaps of short trips away. It has the lowest power consumption on the market and equalled the best in holding temperature in high ambient temperatures.
I took it to car races recently and left it running for 8 and a half hours in my Falcon ute tray ( which gets warm in there with the fibreglass hardcover) and got in after the races and you wouldn't even have known it was on when I kicked it in the guts.
Golden rule of thumb- he who advertises extensively for long periods usually has to. Look at all the products who do this and then search the threads for the product and look at all the problems.
Do the research and Buy one of the best-Go bushman dude.
AnswerID: 300394

Sponsored Links