Poles for Rollout Walls

Submitted: Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 17:01
ThreadID: 56984 Views:1762 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Afternoon all our problem is that we saw a van that had poles set up for the walls to stop the wind slap (for a better word). The main problem is how do we fit the horizontal pole for the end wall into /onto the the drum of the rollout given that there is the ratchet switch there. Does this mechanism all sit within the plastic end ...hate to drill a hole into the drum and stuff it whoops Sandra has don,t me about swearing lol Anyway folks any info on the question will help thank you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Dunaruna - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 17:10

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 17:10
Are you talking about a rollout awning with zip on walls?

Curved rafters are available that clip on or fit via mounting brackets (into the van wall). They are called 'de-flappers'. They also help to stop water pooling.

AnswerID: 300443

Reply By: Member - barry F (NSW) - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 17:18

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 17:18
Both the vertical poles & the horizontal stays are attached to the roller via drilling a hole into the actual roller to take the spigot on the end of the poles & stays. The length of the roll out is usualy less than the length of the actual roller and therefore the position you need to drill the holes should be away from any internal mechanism.
AnswerID: 300444

Reply By: A-TREK CAMPING HIRE - Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 00:51

Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 00:51
G'day sandk, it sounds like is an "Anti Flap Kit" not to be confused with awning Deflappers which are little clamps with a velcro strap, the anti flap kit is an aluminium extrusion wich is in two parts which slide into each other and adjust out to suit the length of your awning, anyway, it has a sail track edge on the bottom to attach your walls and a long flap / clamp on the top which sandwiches the end of the awning to stop it from flapping, it also gives the awning added stability, they attach to you van by screwing or pop riveting a roof rail bracket just below the edge of the awning, you will also have to drill a hole in the drum, this is for the spigot end, again just below the end of the awning, don't worry about damaging the spindle as you are just drilling through the the wall of the drum, they come in 3 lengths to suit different awnings and cost around $320.00 for the kit.
If you need any further info, give me a call on 07 3886 5466,
cheers, Dave.

92 brickworks Rd
Kallangur, Qld 4503
07 3886 5466

AnswerID: 300698

Follow Up By: sandk33 - Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 09:43

Sunday, Apr 27, 2008 at 09:43
Thanks for the info Dave much obliged.

Had a chance meeting with a friend you wouldnt believe it havent seen him for neigh on 20yrs.

He was down the street to get the gear to do his rollout on his new van so I went with him we did his and then came to my place and did mine..........as I said you wouldnt believe it.

Anyway thanks for the effort and info ended doing exactly as you described so didnt really need Jim but has been fab to catch up.

We are heading away on friday till the end of June so look forward to paying and becoming a full member on our return .

Cheers to all
FollowupID: 566852

Sponsored Links