google earth

Submitted: Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 20:55
ThreadID: 56991 Views:1507 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
i run ozi explorer on my laptop with a gps receiver plugged into the back usb port with hema maps and so on it normally workswell for me , for some reason today when driving out into the country side , as i would open up a map and engage moving map the dam google earth kept coming over the top of any map that i would have open and sort of be the default map but i could not get rid of the damm thing can any one have a go at explaining to me on how to get around it or is it in any setting , i have tried to find settings with out much luck

note when i first open up any map google earth would come over the top after about 20 seconds or so

thanks to any one

george j
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Willem - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 21:23

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 21:23
George

I have no idea why your puter is behaving that way but the best thing to do is to uninstall Google Earth and remove it from your HD alltogether

Cheers
AnswerID: 300494

Follow Up By: Member - George J (WA) - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 22:45

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 22:45
thanks for your reply guys I will try any thing

george
FollowupID: 566651

Reply By: Member - Darren & Janella (WA) - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 22:22

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 22:22
G'Day George,

I would probably say it's because in OziExplorer under File->Configuration->Moving Map that you have "Always Check for more Detailed Map" set and that the Google Earth map is more detailed than the Hema map. You could either choose to disable "Always Check for more Detailed Map" or under File->Configuration->Map Images uncheck the path that contains the Google Earth Images.

Hope this help.
Regards,
Darren
Bungle Bungle - The Kimberley

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 300504

Follow Up By: Member - George J (WA) - Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 22:47

Friday, Apr 25, 2008 at 22:47
thanks guys yes those few items were ticked so i will try as soon as i can go out again hopefully next week end and thank you so much for your reply hope you are having heaps of fun out there

george J
FollowupID: 566652

Sponsored Links