Camper Trailer on Ebay

Submitted: Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 13:34
ThreadID: 57070 Views:2168 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Ace trailer with Oztrail 12ft tent with full sunroom on Ebay - does it represent good value? Have not come across too many people with oztrail tents so wondering whether the quality is ok. Not sure if I can add a post like this so if I am breaking forum rules could the moderator please remove.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Oldbaz. NSW. - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 13:58

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 13:58
I cant comment on the trailer, but I have a 9' Oztrail top that I put
on a new offroad trailer & it works fine. It has been to Broome & back without incident. Yes its Chinese & no it doesnt have heavy
canvas but I consider the quality of the construction, stitching,
windows etc to be all you could expect for the price & with proper
care should last many years....oldbaz.
AnswerID: 300936

Reply By: Vince NSW - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 14:54

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 14:54
Hard to give an answer as to value as I don't know what they are asking.
Also need to know what you get for you money.
Water tank
gas bottle holder
jerry can holder
kitchen unit
on board power

The list goes on
Vince
AnswerID: 300946

Reply By: twenty47 - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 16:11

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 16:11
The ebay listing ended at $3550. I did not notice when it ended and was hoping some on here might actually see it and give an opinion. Didn't bid for it though due to the fact it ended. Don't know what all the exact details were for the trailer but it did have gas bottle/water containers, drifta kitchen with pump, 2 burner stove and first registered in Dec07.
For a second hand setup just curious to its value - only had 2 bids which I thought was strange.
Anyway can archive this thread now...
AnswerID: 300966

Follow Up By: Vince NSW - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 16:31

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 16:31
Sounds like good value, BUT, depends on the trailer and what you wanted to do with it.

There a few pople on here who have purchased heavy duty off road trailers and put the OZtent on to of them.
We have an OZ tent centre pole tent and it has given up good service.
Vince
FollowupID: 567057

Reply By: macbushy - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 19:45

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 19:45
I have spent weeks and weeks researching these and others. (inc 1 x week on my back - injured, with nothin to do but reasearch)
Just purchased an offroad camper trailer from Ballarat. total $5800.

Oztrail is one of the better ones from China, but I really looked at trailer first, tent 2nd.

My trailer is ALL 2.5mm checkerplate, dust sealed t/gate and lift up bed frame, 16"LANDCRUISER wheels.
Many of the trailers on ebay with these tents were imported bolt together ones (IMHO - Ignore like the plague if going within even smelling distance of a dirt road). Others very 2nd rate. (like 1.6mm steel )
***Looked v seriously at all on ebay, trailers really did alarm me.***

Some suppliers i talked to admitted that there are only about 4-5 china brands floating around, many of whom put there own brand on them.

If my tent (yes, china due to budget) packs it in within 5 years, my trailer will be with me for life..... therefore add another (better quality????) tent.
AnswerID: 301029

Follow Up By: macbushy - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 19:51

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 19:51
Just read your followup.
Didnt realise it was 2nd hand. drifter kitchen worth say 1200,
Screaming, why selling after 5 months?. ???
so..... IF tent ok and IF trailer ok... then MAYBE sight unseen mmmmmmmmmm (ps I am a big ebay user.. for somethings)'
Is it tiltup bed base?
Non tilt up are normally only plywood bolded to trailer frame. Damm hard to get to back of trailer with out.

Good luck
FollowupID: 567108

Sponsored Links