Aussie Swag Campers

Submitted: Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 17:57
ThreadID: 57080 Views:4200 Replies:6 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We currently have a Trak Shak but all the kids are moving out...(at last) Would anyone like to tell me about their Aussie Swag Camper experience ??

Peter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Kevin J (QLD) - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:01

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:01
Suggest you ask the same question on campertrailers.org. I know that there are several on that forum who would give you a good run down on Aussie Swags.

Kevin J
AnswerID: 300994

Follow Up By: Member - Peter J (VIC) - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:11

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:11
Thanks

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 567083

Reply By: jacm - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:35

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:35
We had a Shak some years back, and went to a Aussie Swag - a great peice of kit and towed it all over the country side. If they are as well built as they were 10 years ago you will be fine. Ours was the top of the range and retained its value after 3 years. The ease of touring after the shak is amazing - a few clips and throw it open. We had a Kimberly Kamper after that - same system but the canvas and windows (to us) were better designed and built them. The Aussie swag was also better balanced than the KK (how they compare today I do not know)

Cheers
JM
AnswerID: 301001

Reply By: MEMBER - Darian (SA) - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:44

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 18:44
We studied the AS when researching our camper purchase a few years back - we chose the Campomatic due to weight on the ball, (and liked the kitchen better than others too) but deduced that the AS was a very good product. Capable, well designed and finished - can't ever recall a negative word on them - we see quite a few in our travels. The owners (Noel and Julia) always fronted their product personally at shows but I noticed them absent this year in Adelaide.....ps.....I did see an AS in the outback a year or two back with a powered auto open / closing system ..... don't know if it was factory, retro or home built.
AnswerID: 301008

Reply By: RustyHelen - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 22:15

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 22:15
Peter
Our AS Rover LX is 3 years old. Done about 25,000 kms, including 12,000 over 10 weeks 2 years ago. Places include Vic high country, Bore Track, Savannah Way, Tanami, top end of Canning (370 kms) plus lots more. Later this year Great Central Road on the way to Blues music at Bridgetown.
We had 2 soft floors before this one and spent lots of time researching this purchase, cause it's lots of $$$'s.
Faults?? Few. Ticks?? Lots as far as we are concerned. We compared it to the others mentioned here and remain happy with the purchase.
Like someone else we love the fact that you get to talk to Noel and Julia at each of the shows and they remember you and your purchase. But they were also not at Melbourne this year. Told that they are on extended holidays. But their sons are taking over anyway at some stage.
The power closure mechanism talked about is a factory fitted option. We considered it but they tols us not to worry as it is easy to fold and unfold and they are correct. I can fold it easily by myself.
I am happy to talk more and if you are close by in Vic (we are 70 kms NE of CBD) am happy to show you mine.... If you get on to the campertrailers site yopu might just find me there as well.
Rusty
AnswerID: 301076

Reply By: Member - nrb1748 (VIC) - Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 22:42

Monday, Apr 28, 2008 at 22:42
Peter J

I'm a very satisfied 2006 Aussie Swag owner. Have travelled over some very rough terrain and no problems at all. No short cuts with the build quality and the components used, and the kitchen design is great. Ditto about the comments from the others about this being a family business and nice people to deal with.

Regards

nrb1748
nrb1748

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 301085

Reply By: Member - Peter J (VIC) - Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:43

Tuesday, Apr 29, 2008 at 09:43
Thanks everyone for your input

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 301117

Sponsored Links