Vic high country

Submitted: Wednesday, Nov 28, 2001 at 01:00
ThreadID: 571 Views:1582 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am planning a trip from Sheepyard flat to Merijig via,bluff hut,lovic's hut'graig's hut ect!Has any body done this trip,is it difficult? And would i complete this circuit in one day.Could i also do this trip in my "Gu Patrol" on a tank of "LPG" (92 Ltr)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Paul Mery - Saturday, Dec 01, 2001 at 01:00

Saturday, Dec 01, 2001 at 01:00
Fuel at Mansfield, no further fuel after that.
You could do a day trip from Mansfield to Merijig, turn off to Sheepyard and Frys Flat. Then up the hill to Bluff and Lovicks hut. Return a bit and follow the road down to Binderee hut. Up the joining road to the circuit road around Mt Stirling. Stop off at Binderee Falls. Once on the circuit road just go straight over the top of Stirling to Craigs Hut. From there back onto the circuit road and back down to the Mansfield Road. Mostly easy going. A little bit of ruff stuff over the top of Stirling, but if you dont like it you can always go around the Circuit road instead of over the top of Stirling. It is a really good trip though and would be a pitty to rush it in one day. Good camping throughout, esp Binderee Flat, Sheepyard Flat......
AnswerID: 1515

Sponsored Links